General Instruments 4DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
WOO HOO! I had a guy give me a General Instruments 4DTV receiver. I need help getting it setup for KuBand. I have a Xtreme LNB. How do I program sats, freq, ect in it? Owners manual?

Thanks

You will need a BUD, C-Band dish (6-10') and C-Band LNBF for 4DTV : (

Here's my story........... :)

I some how able get some analog FM videos and still no luck on Digiciper on FSS KU band freqs.

Here's the trick use the 4DTV remote control press options and use up and down arrows buttons as seen on the remote then go to satellite settings setups then you go to the setting to KU band only.

My 4DTV receiver is a slave to my Fortech receiver which is a master!

Some trick to download 4dtv is very tricky try to go G-4 KU ,AMC-3 KU and Anik 1 and 2 that's where all the 4DTV's signals to be located!

I haver never had to chances to download since I am too busy TV DXing!

So the best way was I think is try to download from the satellites that I listed here by just leave your receiver on or off overnight, and see what happen it should open more satellite options in the KU band world by going to options on your remote control as I mention above at the very top part of my story.

Don't be suprised if does not work just keep trying, and just like me and other are just doing the samething!

Good Luck!!

NEVER, NEVER take a 920 or 922 to the ku sides of Anik F1 or F2. They will instantly start to download Star Choice maps. This will overload the channel capacity of a 4DTV receiver (You will see references to "the TDT count = 1920")

It is ok to take a 905 sidecar to F1/F2 as it is a digital DCII only slave which won't see the C Band VCII channel values so it never reaches 1920

BabaLouie said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has to be connected to C-band
to download the maps it needs. Then you can get Ku-band off it.
I'm sure you're right here, as I have to get my EPG from G1R. And G1R does not have ku-band.
saidias said:
WOO HOO! I had a guy give me a General Instruments 4DTV receiver. I need help getting it setup for KuBand. I have a Xtreme LNB. How do I program sats, freq, ect in it? Owners manual?

Thanks
If someone give it to you, I would think it already has some of the mapping in it. I know of no way to program frequency's. You can program satellite locations. The frequency's come in the mapping. You may find an owners manuel by doing a Google Search.

Al

There are lots of ku 4dtv channels. But, I don't think you can download from a ku sat. As far as I know, all downloads (at least in the U.S.) are currently done from G1R. Of coarse it could depend on who your service provider is (maybe). But, "I Think", it's all done from G1R now.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts