Generic DVR options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I maintain a small analog headend for a 400 unit retirement home. Its channel lineup includes about ten local broadcast channels and about 40 analog channels that are modulated from DirecTV receiver's A/V outputs.

The manager there asked me what was available for what he called "TIVOs", which to him and a lot of people, is like asking what kind of Xerox machines are available. Or like my French Canadian grandmother shopping for a "frigidare".

How difficult is it to program a DVR that isn't connected to a DBS provider or franchised cable company source. For what it is worth, I expect to be adding a DirecTV L-band overlay to this system, allowing the residents to use DirecTV receivers over the same wiring, so if DirecTV's DVR is capable of recording analog signal and is fairly easy to use, I'd probably steer the residents in that direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)