Genie Coax RG6/U

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riverridge

Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
My house is pre-wired with CCS RG6/U Belden (9114) coax. Installed in 2000. My question is: will I be able to get an install of the Genie receiver with this type of coax? Running new wire is not an option.

Should be OK. The cable from the dish to the power inserter should really be SCC (solid copper core) and that should be possible, won't affect the cabling in the house. But even if the cable from the PI to the dish is CCS, should not be a problem unless the cable run is very long.
Because the frequency band used by the genie-to-client interface is much lower than regular DirecTV, even RG59 will work OK unless the cable runs are VERY long. RG6 CCS isn't a problem, in fact the signal losses in CCS and SCC are EXACTLY the same. SCC is recommended for the run to the dish because it carries power to the LNB at the dish, and the voltage losses are somewhat less in SCC than in CCS.

To be honest, I don't rewire homes unless it is just absolutely necessary. It's really not worth the pay to do so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts