Genie HR34 (original) and mini genie unit.... remote control stinks (rf)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
OK so what am I doing wrong...

in our bedroom we have a mini Genie (no hard drive) and it is mounted behind my TV. With the remote in RF mode you have to point the remote at the TV still and has to be level... its a real PITA (especially coming from a Joey). what can I do?

The client is setup to RF mode, what model remote are you using? If RF there shouldn't be any trouble in the same room regardless of line of sight. Fresh batteries?

The receiver might be set to RF, but the remote may have reverted back to IR.. I'd recommend holding down the mute and select buttons until the light blinks twice (the light on the remote) then press 981. That will reset the remote to factory defaults. After that, rerun the RF setup and TV setup (it will automatically go to the TV setup after the RF setup is complete).

Oh, and yeah, the Mini's will still pick up IR, even when they're in RF mode.

Nope its in RF mode. Just reset the remote... Same poor performance and now I can't setup my TV :-(

Really wish directv didn't lag behind others on technology...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk now Free

My remote works perfectly in RF on both the HR34 and the client. I still think you are not in RF.....

what model number is your remote, should be on the top left of the remote next to the directv mode slider. RC ????

All I can think is that something is interfering with the RF signals....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)