Genie HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jools

Original poster
Apr 19, 2019
Queen Creek AZ
I have a genie HR44 and want to hook up 4 TVs to it. 1 is inside and 3 are in various locations outside. Right now I have the indoor tv hooked to the genie with a HMDI cable and the closest outside one is connected with a RF modulater taking the coax through the wall to that tv and the other 2 outside are hooked together with splitters and coax cable. When you change the channel inside the outside tv’s give an error about not having HD cables hooked up etc. My question is can I hook up the outside tv’s to get HD? Is there any converter or connector that will allow that?

You need a WVB (Wireless Video Bridge) and a C41w client at each outside TV.
As long as you have power No other cables will be needed
Doctor j

Or an HDMI splitter and long HDMI cable runs to the three outdoor TVs if the OP does not want a monthly fee and just want to mirror the same program to them from the DIRECTV receiver on the indoor TV.

But be sure the HDMI splitter is HDCP compatible.

And the problem the OP is having with the current setup is that the Genie (nor any other DIRECTV HD receiver) can produce the GUI in both HD and SD formats at the same time.

So whenever you change channels with the receiver feeding an HD signal through the HDMI port to the indoor TV. The channel banner UI temporarily displays as normal on that TV of course. But the receiver can't generate an SD version of the channel for the outdoor TVs.

So the receiver just gives you an error message on the SD ports feeding the RF modulator for the outdoor Tv's.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I think if you get an HDMI splitter and then use a HDMI to composit adaptor you can run into the modulator without an issue.

HDMI splitter doesn’t need to be HDCP comparable.

Usually the cheap ones just strip out the HDCP anyways, which who really cares because the end result is the same.

I think if you get an HDMI splitter and then use a HDMI to composit adaptor you can run into the modulator without an issue.

HDMI splitter doesn’t need to be HDCP comparable.

Usually the cheap ones just strip out the HDCP anyways, which who really cares because the end result is the same.

The splitter DOES need to be HDCP compatible. Nearly all HD channels are HDCP encrypted on Directv, a splitter that isn't compliant would only work for stuff like locals and religious channels.

And the OP said he wanted HD on the outdoor TVs. So I guess he no longer wants the RF modulator hookup to them.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

The cheap ones strip the HDCP is what I was saying.

Yes but that is why they quit working after a couple years - the forged HDCP keys get blacklisted. HDCP licensees are required to distribute updated blacklists for any hardware they are still supporting with firmware updates. So you get a firmware update to that HR44 and suddenly your cheapo HDMI switch stops working.

Reactions: Marcingak
Yes but that is why they quit working after a couple years - the forged HDCP keys get blacklisted. HDCP licensees are required to distribute updated blacklists for any hardware they are still supporting with firmware updates. So you get a firmware update to that HR44 and suddenly your cheapo HDMI switch stops working.

So I go on eBay and buy another one for $10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)