Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Just got an email for an HR44.
At Solid Signal.
Sounds good to me.
I paid 349 bought from Solid Signal
Several months ago.

Correct me if I am wrong...With D* even if the customer fully owns their equipment, does not D* require a 2 year contract?

Most if not all of DirecTV's are leased and must be returned to them. Even if someone were to "buy" a HR44 from solid signal, that unit needs to be returned to DirecTV when the receiver is disconnected from the account.

Correct me if I am wrong...With D* even if the customer fully owns their equipment, does not D* require a 2 year contract?

I believe your right, IF you actually OWN your recvr, there wouldn't be a contract.
Thus you can turn it on and off whenever you need.

Just to clarify on this entire discussion, you can get DirecTV without a commitment with owned equipment. You don't have to return any owned equipment to DirecTV if you were to cancel service at any given time. Now here's where it gets tricky, the systems and the policies on owned equipment make it difficult to get it put on your account as owned.

When you activate an account as owned, it's a little bit easier - especially if you do it at a retail location, although you can do it over the phone. Either way, just got to be careful and let the representatives know that the equipment is owned.

If you're activating one box as owned, you'll have to do it through special channels through care to make sure it goes on the account as owned.

Either way, though, neither of these scenarios should put you in a commitment. Depending on some situations, such as discounts and things like that, you might get a commitment for a year if you accept that stuff, so make sure to ask before anything is finalized.

Just to clarify on this entire discussion, you can get DirecTV without a commitment with owned equipment. You don't have to return any owned equipment to DirecTV if you were to cancel service at any given time. Now here's where it gets tricky, the systems and the policies on owned equipment make it difficult to get it put on your account as owned. When you activate an account as owned, it's a little bit easier - especially if you do it at a retail location, although you can do it over the phone. Either way, just got to be careful and let the representatives know that the equipment is owned. If you're activating one box as owned, you'll have to do it through special channels through care to make sure it goes on the account as owned. Either way, though, neither of these scenarios should put you in a commitment. Depending on some situations, such as discounts and things like that, you might get a commitment for a year if you accept that stuff, so make sure to ask before anything is finalized.

That would be correct. I was told unless you pay full retail on these units it's directs property.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts