Geo Sat Pro MicroHD Receiver

pdiddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2013
western montana
I've got two geo sats and am having problems with one.Some times when you go to turn off the receiver with the remote it won't turn off.I try the second remote and it won't turn it off either.I then kill power,unplug it from the wall,let it recycle itself then I can turn it off with the remote.Happens sometimes,what gives?

All satellite receivers are "computers" they goof up and need to be "re-booted" now and then. A hard re-boot requires the power to be disconnected.
Bob

Mine is touchy with the remote, if I'm too close too it, the remote won't work at all and the CFL light I had in the room really messed up control from the remote, I swapped the CFL for a LED bulb and it's much better.

Once in a while if I get moving fast through channels, menus, etc, my Micro shuts off or acts weird, I think the remote functions on the Micro's aren't quite right and could've been done a bit better than what it is.

The MicroHD remote works nicely, but you may find if you program it's functions to a "learning" remote, you have a stronger, easier-to-use signal. I keep both on hand, the original for programming timers, and the universal for what appears to be a stronger IR signal from most anywhere in the room. By the way, DITCH the CFL's anyway. They're putting more than "IR noise' into your home....they're pumping lots of RF into your radios and other "receivers" as well.

The MicroHD remote works nicely, but you may find if you program it's functions to a "learning" remote, you have a stronger, easier-to-use signal. I keep both on hand, the original for programming timers, and the universal for what appears to be a stronger IR signal from most anywhere in the room. By the way, DITCH the CFL's anyway. They're putting more than "IR noise' into your home....they're pumping lots of RF into your radios and other "receivers" as well.

Think I'll try that, a ''learning remote'', didn't think to try that! Thanks for suggesting that.

I actually already did replace all of my CFL's with LED's, the darn CFL's just don't last very long and also have mercury in them too. I was really surprised when I checked with my watt meter and found that the CFL's and LED's actually use about the same amount of power, the LED's I have only run 1 watt less than the CFL's did, go figure.

Off topic but I have one of those meters too. You type in what you pay on your utility bill for power and it'll tell you how much it costs per year. Super handy. Some things will surprise you. My new energy star window air conditioner uses less power then my old oscillating fan!

UDL

That's funny, with the compressor and blower motor and all, you'd think the ac would use more. Like you said, some things really do surprise you and I totally agree, those meters are super handy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)