GEOGRAPHY & THE MINI-BUD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yesterday after posting, I went to E-bay and some of the sponsors of this site, looking for a 1.2 meter dish with no luck. While searching E-bay I was able to come across the LNBF that Mikhel wrote about. There was a price difference of about nine dollars betwen the two models.

It seems that the BSC422 LNBF is a better unit, I am not too familiar with any C band systems or components.

At the present I am remodeling my house just a bit, therefore it is going to be a little while before I really get into C band update. I sure would like to be able to view the NASA channels and see what plans Obama and Bolden have for the future of NASA and for the Space program.
avenger

It seems that the BSC422 LNBF is a better unit, I am not too familiar with any C band systems or components.
I've had better results with this twin output LNBF than it's brother the 421 with the proper scalar ring (conical for a C.O.L.D. system).

I sure would like to be able to view the NASA channels and see what plans Obama and Bolden have for the future of NASA and for the Space program.
avenger
They've got pretty nice documentaries from time to time, also if language is no barrier you can find a lot of documentaries at SatMex 5 in the Edusat transponder, at least for the area of southern US-Northern México it has a strong signal (edusat = 20+ channels for remote education in México, in spanish but most of the documentaries are from NatGeo, BBC, Discovery and are more of a viewing experience than a constant blabbing of the guys on screen).

=)

Tried to Blind scan SatMex 5 and was not able to get any FTA channels, while scanning the receiver got stuck on about 35% scanning, I waited and waited, it never advanced beyond 35%. According to Lyngsat there should be a few channels showing. I live in Southeast Louisiana, do you think that could be part of the problem?.
avenger

Went back to Lyngsat and noticed that most of the channels are on the C band, there is very little to show on the KU band.

Yeah... on the Ku side of the sat you'll have a bit of trouble since it's not very powerful at all (Televisa Tijuana it's pretty pretty picky). There are data transponders but right now I don't have that info as of right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)