GeoSatFinder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rangergord

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I am at 55.71 N lat and 121.63 W long. I used GeoSatFinder at satellite AV to make a dish aiming coordinate table. The satellite directly south of me is 121 W-Echostar 9-Galaxy23. The elevation is listed at 26.5 degrees BUT I am wondering if these settings are for a 90 cm KU dish. MY 10 footer does not adjust that low. I run out of threads to hold the dish. Is there a better calculator to use for a C Band Dish?

The calculated satellite elevation angle is a position in the sky and has nothing to do with the size or type of dish. A 26 degree elevation is the same point in the sky for any dish. You aren't needing another calculator, but maybe we can help with figuring out your mount adjustment.

Maybe post a few photos of your dish? Is it a fixed AZ/EL mount or a polar mount?

Pictures plz. Might just need a longer bolt, or you're measuring incorrectly. Reference attached picture. (angles at your Zenith satellite)

Attachments

• 20054.jpg
    20054.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 414
inclinometer

This is how I am measuring the elevation. The dish was set up a couple hours north of me so I am not sure why the bolt would not be long enough. My actuator has not moved the mount to the top of its arc yet. Could this be the problem?

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 153
That angle should be your latitude, (as shown in the picture I attached)
If the face of the angle finder that's attached to the polar axis, were horizontal it would read "0" and increase 10-20-30 etc.
If when horizontal it reads 90, you'd subtract 90 from the reading.
Your modified declination at latitude 55.71N should be about 7.4°
Dish 'look angle' at zenith is 90 - lat - declination.
90 -55.7 - 7.4 -26.9
Pretty close to your desired 26.4. Minor adjustment of the latitude angle is all that is necessary.
BUD in sig links to a page I put together.
?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)