GeoSatPro 120x135cm Dish and HH90 Motor Install

lawdog71

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
utah
Ok so I bought the above items and just finished Installing. I used information provided from Dishpointer, but even before I try to locate a bird, the elevation of the dish looks to darn low. Advice of what I'm doing incorrectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • 20210711_153344[1].jpg
    20210711_153344[1].jpg
    148 KB · Views: 182
  • 20210711_153407[1].jpg
    20210711_153407[1].jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 157
But the HH90 is not a top loading motor, the HH 120 is and what you should have for that dish.
crapola...I'm a trucker so I try to buy what I need while on road so when I'm home I have it. Recommendation of where to purchase. I got the HH90 on Amazon but can't find the 120 there.

crapola...I'm a trucker so I try to buy what I need while on road so when I'm home I have it. Recommendation of where to purchase. I got the HH90 on Amazon but can't find the 120 there.
That's gonna be a hard find. Stab site appears down since CV19 outbreak and they are out of stock everywhere. Try here:

They 'say' they are in stock so you might get lucky! :rolleyes

That's gonna be a hard find. Stab site appears down since CV19 outbreak and they are out of stock everywhere. Try here:

They 'say' they are in stock so you might get lucky! :rolleyes
Funnny...moments after my response to yours, I found that site and still waiting for registration confirmation so i can purchase :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
I think if you took the bracket off the back of the dish, including the part clamped to the motor, and turned it 180 degrees you might be able to make it work, if you can't find an HH120.
I thought of that, but my concern is the "fine-tune" angle-thread-bar will interfere....but what do I have to loose :) Will try that tomorrow and if it works will take pics.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I understand that Stab has ceased operations during the Covid shutdown.

Due to your higher latitude, you might be able to use the GS120 mount on the HH90 as installed, but you need to do some calculations and not use the elevation stamp on the GS120 mount.

First, add some traction tape (anti-slip) strips around the motor tube in three locations to contact THREE u-bolts. Buy another u-bolt and install. It wouldn't hurt to use a file or grinder to form teeth in the contacting u- section of the u-bolt. Thi provides additional grab. Align the dish to be in exact alignment with the motor parked at the "0" position and TORQUE nuts to maximum. The 42mm motor post size is far to small for the GS120 mount and will probably rotate over time unless you put a through-bolt or tapper through the mount and motor post.

Set the motor elevation angle to the setting specified for your latitude in the HH90 manual. Now look at Dishpointer for the Elevation angle at true South for your location. Subtract 27.3 degrees from the Dishpointer angle. Drive the dish to "0" position. Place a straight edge on the vertical axis of the dish. Tilt the dish back to match this calculated elevation angle. Example: if the True South elevation for your location is 45 degrees, subtract 27.3 (offset angle of the dish) and this will be the elevation angle that you set the dish vertical axis. Does the dish tilt this far back when the mount is inverted as in your photos? I am not sure, as my 1.2m is behind the shed at home.

If the dish cannot be tilted back far enough to aim at this calculated elevation angle, you will have to remove the threaded elevation adjustment hardware. This will complicate aiming, but it can be done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)