GEOSATpro CK1 C/KU LNBF problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I have the GEOSATpro CK1 C/KU LNBF i cannot receive any channels with this lnb ku or c_band.If i hook it up with an external disque switch it gets no signal on ku or cband.If i run it without a switch using only one of the coaxial inputs cband or ku I get no signal quality also.Anyone got this lnb working?

GEOSATpro 1.2M Offset dish
GEOSATpro CK1 C/KU LNBF
GEOSATpro C-Band Adapter Clamp
GEOSATpro GS120 HH Motor
GEOSATpro GS55mm Post Adapter

If this a new setting, you did not point to any of the satellite, if not, you may having set up problem or else.

Please reference the photo below for the port connection. Since the KU and the C band have seperate electronics and outputs, it would be highly unlikely that both C and KU would be faulty. We recommend that you connect the receiver directly to the KU port without switches or motor loop-through to troubleshoot.

Is this a new install? Has the dish been aimed and reception confirmed with another LNBF? If so, what was the LNB LO frequency?

For KU-Band what satellite are you aimed at? What satellite is selected, LO setting, LNB power, Switch settings, TP Frequency?

For C-Band what satellite are you aimed at? What satellite is selected, LO setting, LNB power, Switch settings, TP Frequency?

Satellite AV has not yet received a report of a failed GEOSATpro C/KU unit. If you need assistance in determining if the unit is faulty or need an RMA for testing or replacement, please contact customer support at 888-483-4673, M-T, 8-5 / 8-4:30 Friday, Pacific Time.

Attachments

• CKU_Ports.jpg
    CKU_Ports.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 600
SatelliteAV said:
Please reference the photo below for the port connection. Since the KU and the C band have seperate electronics and outputs, it would be highly unlikely that both C and KU would be faulty. We recommend that you connect the receiver directly to the KU port without switches or motor loop-through to troubleshoot.

Is this a new install? Has the dish been aimed and reception confirmed with another LNBF? If so, what was the LNB LO frequency?

For KU-Band what satellite are you aimed at? What satellite is selected, LO setting, LNB power, Switch settings, TP Frequency?

For C-Band what satellite are you aimed at? What satellite is selected, LO setting, LNB power, Switch settings, TP Frequency?

Satellite AV has not yet received a report of a failed GEOSATpro C/KU unit. If you need assistance in determining if the unit is faulty or need an RMA for testing or replacement, please contact customer support at 888-483-4673, M-T, 8-5 / 8-4:30 Friday, Pacific Time.
Yes my dish is already on the arc.I removed my invacom QPH-031 from my motorized setup which has a 98 quality on telstar 5 11.749,11.78911,11.836 etc my lo settings 10750 I get 92 quality signal on every sat in the clarke's belt.I have 90 quality on G10 11.720v and 94 or higher on the other working tps on g10.I started on telstar 5 with new lnb 10750 settings 11720v tp no quality move dish to every satellite from 97w to 123w did not receive any quality readings from any of the birds.For cband i did the same thing 97w to 123w no quality tested both coaxial input without a switch.G10 4180H lnb settings 5150 no quality signals put the invacom QPH-031 back on the dish.I receive signals from 72w to 129w

Confirming that while attempting to receive KU, the coax was attached to the rear port. Did you try sliding the LNBF towards or away from the reflector and adjust the LNBF rotation up to 90 degrees? Dielectric inserted or removed? Does the siganl level rise and fall while sweeping the arc?

My only suggestion at this point is that tha LNBF rotation is not correct....

SatelliteAV said:
Confirming that while attempting to receive KU, the coax was attached to the rear port. Did you try sliding the LNBF towards or away from the reflector and adjust the LNBF rotation up to 90 degrees? Dielectric inserted or removed? Does the siganl level rise and fall while sweeping the arc?

My only suggestion at this point is that tha LNBF rotation is not correct....
The rotation was not correct thanks

BKP said:
Yeah, let us know how you like this LNBF..

It's working well here on my Channelmaster 1.8M for analog, DVB, and 4DTV. I was afraid it might have the 90 degree rotation issue that every other LNBF seems to have with 4DTV boxes, but it doesn't. :up

dem0nlord said:
It's working well here on my Channelmaster 1.8M for analog, DVB, and 4DTV. I was afraid it might have the 90 degree rotation issue that every other LNBF seems to have with 4DTV boxes, but it doesn't. :up

Sounds good..

Is your dish solid.. Are you subscribing with that setup..

BKP said:
Thanks for that info..

I just wondered because I've heard - you'd be lucky to get a strong enough signal to lock onto sub channels with a dish that size..

I know, a lot of people talk that way. I think they base all of this on how a dish of this size performed 20 years ago, with the LNBs of that era. Obviously there is no comparision with the new stuff today, if you buy quality parts. The success some have with the 1.2M dishes shows this, they are probably performing as well as a 1.8M did years ago. I have zero issues locking digital or analog, and I just don't have the interference from adjacent birds that is talked about so often either.

You're the first person I've heard this from, glad you jumped in this thread.. Thanks..

I was suppose to get a 6' mesh with a ground mount and the guy was going to deliver and set it up for me.. But, after I mentioned changing the LNBF to this one I haven't heard back from him.. For some reason he doesn't wanna change the LNBF, I guess..

Too bad because I could have been enjoying G10 by now..

updatelee said:
how do you find ku performace with this lnb compared to the invacom ?
There is no comparison on the ku side you lose between 25 and 30 percent points on quality readings.I get about 96 readinds on all ku sateliites with my invacom lnb but with the combine lnb it is much lower but i can still receive the same ku satellites i just have lower quality readings.The cband works find on the ones that i get.

wildboys said:
There is no comparison on the ku side you lose between 25 and 30 percent points on quality readings.I get about 96 readinds on all ku sateliites with my invacom lnb but with the combine lnb it is much lower but i can still receive the same ku satellites i just have lower quality readings.The cband works find on the ones that i get.

thanks for the reply. this helps me plan better, hehe. looks like a bigger dish is what I need then if I wana play with c/ku lnb's cause right now I cant afford to loose 25-30 points on some sats like amc3 hehe.

I have one of those, I got it from SatelliteAV, along with a 1.2m Geosatpro dish, and a GS120 motor. I've had it for about 6 weeks and put it on the pole last Saturday and played with it for the 1st time on Thursday. I messed with that sucker for 3 hours on the ku side and never could find a signal. I finally give up and put a QPH031 lnb on the dish and found a signal in about 3-4 minutes. I then put the C/ku lnb back on and still couldn't get a signal. Obviously, I'm not doing something right. I had to adjust the dish way different (higher) than the satellite angles that SatelliteAV sent with the dish for my location. I had gotten the motor adapter tube for the larger dish with this equipment, and I've taken the dish back down and (SatelliteAV pay attention), the larger tube is at a different angle than the smaller one that came with the motor. It's about an 11 degree difference, so the satellite angles you sent would probably be OK with the smaller tube. But, they don't work with the larger tube. When I make some time. I'll put it back on the pole and play with it some more. I know there's a sweet spot somewhere for it. I just have to find it.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.