GEOSATpro Receivers Officially Supported by Slingbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.
An HDMI to Component adapter will provide the component connection. Cost approximately $4 - $7 on Ebay.

It was brought to my attention that the cable will not work as the signal is digital and the component is analog. You would need a HDMI to Component convertor. These devices cost $35+

Sorry that I created this confusion!

This is going to be for the newer Slingbox software, right?

Hopefully I can figure some way to make it work with the Slingbox classic which I refuse to give up since it still works just fine, but with which I have to stay stuck at 1.5.0.322 software.

The remote control codes are compatible with all Slingplayer versions. There ARE different bin files required depending on the version of the IR chipset used in the Slingbox (JU, PL and RV types). Perhaps this is your concern? I strongly suspect that there will be a way to get it working on your classic.

Also you can update to the newer 2.0.4.522 version of Slingplayer if you wish. The newer versions have a strong desire to for you have an account with SlingMedia, but if you plan to use it for local viewing it is not required. I generally have both versions installed.

The classic Slingbox can no longer be used with the web browser based players. They are also no longer supported on but still work with iPhone and BlackBerry apps. I think that I recall some limitation with the Mac app (needing to log in as admin instead of view only and no HD resolution for PRO HD).

This is going to be for the newer Slingbox software, right?

Hopefully I can figure some way to make it work with the Slingbox classic which I refuse to give up since it still works just fine, but with which I have to stay stuck at 1.5.0.322 software.

Well I see a need for another HD connection to share the HD to both the TV and SlingBox. But then that increases the size of the box. But then what sold me on this receiver is not the "micro" part. I would like to see Micro's big brother, a full sized STB with internal HDD and more connections myself. What will keep this unit in place is stable firmware. I would settle for the composite connection to the SB if everything else runs the way we hope it will. The SB is just a frilly add-on for me at this point.

I noticed at church, what I believe was an amplified splitter giving, maybe 6, component outputs from one in --- did not see if it was HDMI in or component on the input side and that may not even be what it was.... But that is what it looked like to me. If all the signals are on the HDMI cable then you are ahead. Is HDMI one way or two? If one way then amplified and split should be a great EXTERNAL. Keep this small, light, and 12VDC for this one for us RVers.

On a related note the title says "Officially Supported" by Slingbox --- It does not say HACKED BY OTHERS to work.

The remote control codes are compatible with all Slingplayer versions. There ARE different bin files required depending on the version of the IR chipset used in the Slingbox (JU, PL and RV types). Perhaps this is your concern? I strongly suspect that there will be a way to get it working on your classic.

Also you can update to the newer 2.0.4.522 version of Slingplayer if you wish. The newer versions have a strong desire to for you have an account with SlingMedia, but if you plan to use it for local viewing it is not required. I generally have both versions installed.

The classic Slingbox can no longer be used with the web browser based players. They are also no longer supported on but still work with iPhone and BlackBerry apps. I think that I recall some limitation with the Mac app (needing to log in as admin instead of view only and no HD resolution for PRO HD).
The thing keeping me from upgrading 1.5 to 2.0 is that I never figured out how to make my Coolsat file work with anything newer.

I have not even approached the "split HDMI and convert to RCA yellow/white/red" issue yet so a new slingbox may be in my future.

I have not even approached the "split HDMI and convert to RCA yellow/white/red" issue yet so a new slingbox may be in my future.

The microHD has composite (yellow/white/red) output and HDMI. The HDMI convertor that we have been discussing is for providing component analog video to the slingbox for higher resolution.

Once you have the IR file working on the Slingbox for your device you should be able to use any version of the software to watch it. I am able to access my Slingboxes to control my Coolsat 8100 and 5000 via PC, Mac, Web, Blackberry and iPhone without issues.

The thing keeping me from upgrading 1.5 to 2.0 is that I never figured out how to make my Coolsat file work with anything newer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)