Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Anybody seen one of these? Most of the stuff I have Googled on it is foreign language.

I've had this for quite a while, and was considering how to motorize a nice ASC Signal 1.2 molded dish I have, think this may be just the ticket. The dish/feed support weighs 34 pounds bare, with adapter plate/mount/ortho feed I think I will be well over 40 pounds, don't think any of the USALS motors will handle it (long term).

Sat GeoTrack Positioner4.jpgSat GeoTrack Positioner3.jpgSat GeoTrack Positioner2.jpgSat GeoTrack Positioner.jpgSat ASC Signal 1.2m Dish.jpg

Someone has already welded a tube on it, so I will probably just weld whatever size pipe is required for whatever mount I use (WildBlue or Slimline most likely)

Interesting. If anything can handle that much weight, that one looks like a great possibility. If I can ever find a 1.2 ku dish locally I will put it on my old polar-mount motorized rig-I'm sure it can take it!

TurboSat - I thought you already had a 1.2m on a polar BUD mount.?.?
And remembering that, was about to recommend one. :up
Great minds think alike. :)

Patented self-tightening device for minimum backlash
Compatible with offset or prime-focus dish
Easy adjustment of east / west limits
Reliable reed switch
Easy and user friendly installation

Suggested dish size: 45-100cm
Azimuth range: 0-180 degrees
Elevation angle adjustment: 0-70 degrees
Voltage: 36V
http://www.aerialsuperstore.co.uk/jaeger-smr-99g-silent-gold-h-h-mount-58-p.asp

But that's a '99'. Is the 107 heavier?
Yeah, I know this is Jaeger brand, but who knows who the original mfg is??

Interesting. If anything can handle that much weight, that one looks like a great possibility. If I can ever find a 1.2 ku dish locally I will put it on my old polar-mount motorized rig-I'm sure it can take it!

Yeh, this little rig is stout. I haven't had a dish load on it yet but did bolt it to a pole hook it to a V-Box...tried to hold it back with my hand. I lost that fight. ;)

I was looking at your Primestar/polar mount thread a couple days ago when I first started thinking about this deal, that is quite the setup. If anyone wants to check it out, go here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/100414-New-project-Primestar-to-polar-mount?highlight=primestar

Would be nice if someone made a motor for a 1.8 meter dish but a can tell you that i have 4footer channel master on a fortec 120 stab for years with no problems .

Sadoun used to have one up until a few years ago.
Technically an H-H, it had a 36v motor & reed switch interface.

Was that the Moteck HH180? As I recall, while those were rated for a 1.8m, a good wind would peel the gear teeth right off.

I actually have one of those too, but you still have the challenge of figuring out how to add 23 degrees +/- declination, if you want to install an offset dish on one.

Does anyone have any pics of offset dishes that have been adapted to polar mounts?

I've given it some thought, and seen it mentioned a lot, but not much real-world applications.

I would like to look at as many as possible to get some ideas.

Would be nice if someone made a motor for a 1.8 meter dish but a can tell you that i have 4footer channel master on a fortec 120 stab for years with no problems .

That Channel Master is a molded fiberglass/resin-type dish, correct?

Never owned a STAB 120 but have heard that they are sloooooow, so they are probably geared down like I mentioned earlier...I wouldn't mind the wait.

Looks to be one place selling the STAB 120 now, about $160 USD, shipped, out of Canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.