Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Effective Thursday, May 3, 2007, the German-language channel, German Kino Plus, will be launched in the new German Language Plus Package at the 121° and 118.7° orbital locations. The current German Language Package will no longer be available to new subscribers, but existing subscribers will be “grandfathered” at their current rate. The German Language Plus Package will contain DW-TV, EuroNews, German Kino Plus and ProSiebenSat1.Welt for $24.99 per month.* See all pricing and packaging details below.

Programming Description/Channel:

German Kino Plus

German Kino Plus is a 24 hour German Language channel featuring the best in German theatrical film, television series, classic film and documentaries. Commercial free and uncut, GKP offers you entertainment featuring the best of what Germany has to offer. Crime Series like Tatort, recent films from the highly acclaimed German film scene, classics of German cinema, along with travel and historical documentaries. German Kino Plus, Mehr Als Nur Fernsehen!

Channel - 724
Call Letters - GKINO
Satellites - 121° and 118.7° orbital
locations

Pricing:

German Kino Plus will be available in the following options:

German Language Plus Package
$24.99/month*
(DW-TV, EuroNews, German Kino Plus, ProSiebenSat.1 Welt)

German Kino Plus A-La-Carte
$14.99/month*

*Customers who do not subscribe to DishFAMILY, AT100, AT100 Plus, AT200, AT250, America’s “Everything” Pak, DISH Latino, DISH Latino Dos, DISH Latino Max, Latino “Everything” Pak or Great Wall TV Package will be charged a $6.00 per month Service Access Fee.

I have a couple of German customers who will like this one.

Dish tried to take away one of our channels while still charging us the old package price (apparently you have to fight to be 'grandfathered'). I had to talk to several people before they would reinstate my old package. We'll see if they actually do. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I had this problem and was never able to get the Grandfathered Package. On top of that.. I do not get the EuroNews channel since I do not have the correct Satellite tuned in.

I should have it after this weekend, since the German Language Channels are being removed from 121 - Therefore they are repointing my dish to 118.7.

I think I will call and see if I can make one last effort for that Grandfathered price... I'm sure it's probably too late though!

I've subscribed to the package for a couple of years afterall!

I know, we have subscribed since before it was on Dish (GlobeSat). They said they would take 5 minutes to add DW-TV back on and that was 2 hours ago so I assumed I'm screwed also. I'm glad they added another channel to the package but $8 a month is too much. There just isn't that much interesting on Kino Plus for $96 more a year. Fortunately I can get EuroNews on my setup but they are still charging me $16.99 for one channel PROSIEBENSAT.1 WELT. Let me know if you are able to get anywhere, they just changed our lineup a week or so ago so there is still time I hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts