German TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mykewl

Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Bronx, NY
Hey: I'm new to FTA and wanted to know what size Sat would I need to get FT from Germany. I've read so many different threads, and I've also gone to the Lyngsat page, however I'm not too sure about all of the terminology. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mykewl :confused:

Hello and welcome to SatelliteGuys.US forum!
Not too much German TV FTA right now(Viewable from this country). I know Dishnetwork now have a pay German TV service, and that there is one german channel available with a large C-band dish (6-10'), and there is also a DW English channel showing part time on on satellite.
Please check the below link for an idea of the channels you will be able to pick up with FTA system in your area I recommend at least a 90cm dish system.

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

I see DW radio is available. And Euronews is in the clear right now, things always change in FTA so it would still be a great investment IMO. Great Hobby!

There is aome German audio on 82W using a 18" dish and DTV/Dish network LNB. If this is wrong try getting on 91W. I just started a 18" dish farm and do not know all the setting yet.

Lnb Freq 11250
Trans freq 12444
Sym Rate 20000
Audio pid 1346

Also

Trans freq 11722
Sym Rate 20000
Audio pid 1286

Have fun

Ken

mykewl said:
Hey: I'm new to FTA and wanted to know what size Sat would I need to get FT from Germany. I've read so many different threads, and I've also gone to the Lyngsat page, however I'm not too sure about all of the terminology. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mykewl :confused:

ProSiebenSat1 Group from Munich offers a new channel on Dish Network for Germans in North America. It's a pay channel.
Content: The best of shows, series, movies and news from Germany's leading TV group. It's a mix of Pro 7 (shows, series, movies), Sat.1 (shows, series, movies), Kabel 1 (series, movies) and N24 (news). It also includes some games from german Bundesliga (first league soccer) and late night talker Stefan Raab.
Name of that channel: "ProSiebenSat1 Welt".

Germany's first and second channels ARD and ZDF offering another pay channel on Dish Network, too. Its name is "German TV", a mix of german shows, series and movies from this both channels.

Deutsche Welle TV (DWTV) is a free to air channel but it's lame. Only news and boring docus. And a lot of spanish and english content. Germans don't wanna see english or spanish news ;)

well ... sometimes I'm streaming german programs trough the internet. But it's illegal :( Often I stream ORF 1, the first austrian channel. ORF 1 shows the same movies as Pro 7, Sat.1 or RTL Television ... but w/o commercial brakes :D

sorry for my bad English ... so we are ;)

Watch over the internet ;)

I can't put an adress here 'cos I have less than 5 posts :(
But you'll find it on lyngsat -> "Net TV" (middle left side) -> "Germany"

both german channels (ProSiebenSat1 Welt + German TV) are on Echostar 9 - 121°West.
> 12016 V - Nagra 1 / 2
> 12045 V - Nagra 1 / 2

Receive it with a small fixed dish and a receiver like "Koscom" (with emulator).

I have the paid service from DishNetwork, it is only 24.99/month, and you do not need the full subscription to dish network to enjoy, I get both the German TV and ProSeiben options. You will need to have an older receiver, like the DP301.. This is what I have and use, it has been great, I am hitting it with a fixed mount, DirectPC dish/lnb that I picked up free.

Rick

Rick in MD said:
I have the paid service from DishNetwork, it is only 24.99/month, and you do not need the full subscription to dish network to enjoy, I get both the German TV and ProSeiben options. You will need to have an older receiver, like the DP301.. This is what I have and use, it has been great, I am hitting it with a fixed mount, DirectPC dish/lnb that I picked up free.

Rick
Hi Rick!

I can't receive ProSiebenSat1 Welt here in Germany 'cos it's for North America only :(
Juergen Kliensmann (our national soccer team trainer) also lives in the USA and he's a subscriber, too.

I know the content of ProSieben, Sat.1, Kabel 1 and N24. I receive all german channels for free here in Europe (Astra 1 - 19.2°E). But my question is: Is there a lot of commercial brakes on ProSiebenSat1? Can you watch Stefan Raab live? He has some nice shows on Pro7. This weekend he sends "Stock Car Crash Challenge" with many german stars.

greez
Michael from Berlin, Germany.

I am not sure it is live, however, It is on ProSeibenSat1 this weekend. My father-in-law has Astra 1. You guys are so much more ahead of the curve than we are. As far as commercial breaks.. Haven't paid much attention to it, since in the US that is the rule, where as in Germany, you guys have it a little better.

Rick

well ... we have a lot of german channels for free. The only thing we have to pay is the ARD-ZDF-thirdchannel-fee (GEZ). This fee also includes German TV and Deutsche Welle TV.
All other channels have a lot of commercial brakes!

Sometimes you can receive RTL feeds over the atlantic! I know that RTL sends its program to their workers in New York.

Here in Berlin we have 24 tv channels with terrestric antenna, incl. BBC World and some local channels (TV.Berlin, FAB, rbb...).
Via satellite we have near to 40 or 50 german channels for free and up to 30 pay tv channels (Premiere).
France, Spain, UK, Holland and all other european countries have encrypted tv over satellite. The 7 or more BBC channels from UK are FTA but the beam of Astra 2D (28.2°East) is too small :(

We can receive a NBC feed and a CBS feed. That's all from the US :(
FAUX News is encrypted, FOX is localized for Spain and Italy (and also encrypted), CNN comes from London ...
That's a big sh*t ;)
Jay Leno and Conan O'Brians runs on CNBC Europe (but not live) and David Letterman runs on the CBS feed. The CBS Evening News are on SKY News live and the NBC Nightly News are on CNBC Europe live. That's all of US-TV :(

I guess, there comes a new german channel to the US in the future ;)
ProSiebenSat1 Group has a big enemy in Germany :D The RTL Group (from Cologne) with 5 german channels: RTL TV, RTL 2, Super RTL, VOX and n-tv. And RTL has many more channels across Europe (RTL 4,5 in Holland, "five" in the UK, RTL 9 in France, RTL 7 in Poland ...). I bet you can receive one more channel from Germany in the near future ;)

One could only hope, I enjoy having a European perpective in regards to important international issues.

I will say that enjoying German Soccer (Fussball) just got better, Eintracht Frankfurt just made it back into the 1.BundesLige

As far as OTA, I am currently getting the Majors over High Definition from Baltimore, MD about 50 miles away.. Works great. (NBC/FOX/ABC/CBS/PBS) If I point the anntenna to Philadelphia, I can also get UPN and a few other small locals.

Rick

what a great show!

here are some pics ... "ProSiebenSat1 Welt" (USA) repeats the show today!

intro.jpg

totale.jpg

Woman on the road ;)
frau_am_steuer.jpg

crash_1.jpg

crash_2.jpg

crash_1.jpg

THERE IS GAS!!!
pocher_benzin.jpg

too late ... BMW with BBQ :D
pocher_brennt.jpg

that's Ralf Moeller ("The Gladiator") ... he lives in California, too.
ralf_moeller_2.jpg

ralf_moeller_1.jpg

oli_pocher.jpg

and that's, what Germany makes so nice ;)
uncensored TV !!! :D
oops_1.jpg

oops_2.jpg

WOW!

Hello again Michael-Berlin! :wave

My names Pete and I come from Glasgow, Scotland and I am all too familiar with uncensored Euro programming.
Unfortunately the pictures you posted were a bit too much for the SatGuys FTA forum, hope you don't take it personal. There are kids who happen to come across our forum and although the pictures are perfectly reasonable to some people we have to keep it clean here, no topless females (OR MALES!). THANKS for understanding. :)

Also its a good idea to post pictures of satellite dish and junk as thumbnails like the picture below, then members with dial up internet can choose to look at them or not, NICE to have you here :yes

Attachments

• 3f05.gif
    3f05.gif
    23 KB · Views: 123
shoemaker said:
There is German Tv on IA5(Nagravision).
Look for frequency 11929V TP 11.

There will be no more German TV on IA5. German TV is leaving globecast and get on Dish Network exclusively. Lots of German TV subs from Globecast are selling their Globecast receivers and dishes. I just got one cheap.

That's the drawback of subbing Ku-band ethnic service. You pay a premium for the proprietary equipment. Once the service is gone, the money you pay for the receiver are all down the toilet...

PSB said:
WOW!

Hello again Michael-Berlin! :wave

My names Pete and I come from Glasgow, Scotland and I am all too familiar with uncensored Euro programming.
Unfortunately the pictures you posted were a bit too much for the SatGuys FTA forum, hope you don't take it personal. There are kids who happen to come across our forum and although the pictures are perfectly reasonable to some people we have to keep it clean here, no topless females (OR MALES!). THANKS for understanding. :)

Also its a good idea to post pictures of satellite dish and junk as thumbnails like the picture below, then members with dial up internet can choose to look at them or not, NICE to have you here :yes
oh ... sorry ... no problem. I understand that.

You're living in Scotland? Then move your dish to Astra 19.2°East, switch your analoge receiver to 11406 V or your digital receiver to 12480 V, SR 27500, FEC 3/4 and watch the show again right now ;)
It's FTA ... as all german tv channels :D

.oO(I love FTA!)

rangers00 said:
There will be no more German TV on IA5. German TV is leaving globecast and get on Dish Network exclusively. Lots of German TV subs from Globecast are selling their Globecast receivers and dishes. I just got one cheap.

That's the drawback of subbing Ku-band ethnic service. You pay a premium for the proprietary equipment. Once the service is gone, the money you pay for the receiver are all down the toilet...
I guess, that's not a failure of German TV. The former channel "Channel D" has started its service a few years ago. There was no Dish Network available in the US. But in 2002 came the end of Channel D and German TV has taken the frequencies from Channel D.

Michael-Berlin said:
I guess, that's not a failure of German TV. The former channel "Channel D" has started its service a few years ago. There was no Dish Network available in the US. But in 2002 came the end of Channel D and German TV has taken the frequencies from Channel D.
Yes, I remember Channel D on 101W. I specifically pointed the dish to 101W for the Bundesliga highlights on Channel D. At that time, that was the only Bundesliga highlight show available in the U.S.

That was when Channel D was still FTA. That was the sweetest part of using FTA equipment, getting some obscure soccer shows that only the real hobbyists can get.

Channel D subs were fortunate that another German service took over them. German TV subs aren't that fortunate. I've heard some older German TV subs paid up to $300 for the whole set of equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)