Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got an email from XStreamHD...

Get Your FIRST 5 MOVIES FREE

Be one of the first to enjoy Full HD entertainment, digitally delivered by XStreamHD. With just a $25 deposit, you will secure a priority reservation of an XStreamHD FAST Start or PRO Start package. Act now and you will receive your first 5 movie rentals for FREE (up to a $25 value). Don't wait, visit www.XStreamHD.com now!

Don't forget on Tuesday Night XStreamHD CEO George Gonzalez will be joining us for an hour TAKING YOUR CALLS AND QUESTIONS about XStreamHD!

Look at the homepage on Tuesday for how to listen!

This broadcast will also be nationaly broadcast via satellite courtesy of the Access America Radio Network!

Last edited:
See, I feel like based what we know about the fees so far you should get 5 "free" movies EVERY MONTH!

With bandwidth caps going in place on broadband providers such as comcast, how many HD movies can you watch before they say you have gone over your cap?

XStreamHD is instant glorious HD in full Blu-ray quality.

This would be a good service for "couch spuds" that are really into TV or movie buffs. I could see this for a couple of people that I know, that watch movies all Sunday( thats what they are into). It just wouldn't work at our house, we don't watch that much TV, we have the Netflix 3 out at a time and I don't think weve had anything in the Queue for 3 or 4 months. I guess it will work for some people, although I wonder if it will be enough to support Xstream

5.00 per movie is still too much, streaming Netflix through the PS3 will do for now, or my Vudu box, HD rentals there are 3.99 and thats over priced

And $399 for the hardware itself kills the deal for me..

5.00 per movie is still too much, streaming Netflix through the PS3 will do for now, or my Vudu box, HD rentals there are 3.99 and thats over priced

The $3.99 rental at Vudu. Is that for the SD version? How much is the HD and HDX rentals? From Vudu website it looks like their rentals goes from $.99 to $5.99. And the audio is DD+ and DD 5.1 only.

I know Apple's iTune HD movies are $4.99. And they only have DD 5.1.

Netflix is still cheaper. I have that but streaming has a very very soft/fuzzy picture quality. And I have 20mbps download speed. And it's still only DD 5.1. I know I can get blu-ray dvd from them which is what I do. But the new stuff I usually don't get until a month or two after they get it. It's always a long wait.

I'm going to give XStreamHD a try because I'll be able to get the movie/tv show as soon as it's released. I'll have DTS-HD. I won't have to worry about my Comcast 250gb a month cap they have. And XStreamHD has other things they are planning down the road. Plus listening to George last night they are very open to suggestions. However since I'll be paying $4.95 for an HD movie rental instead of Netflix's $2.20 (estimated) blu ray rental, I won't be watching as many movies. A lot of the Netflix stuff I rent now is not that great. I keep my queue full a stuff I might like because the new releases take so long to get to me.

As far as the hardware. It's going to be cheaper for me than what I was planning. Which was buy a Mac Mini ($600.00 +) and set it up as a Media Server. Or wait until Apple came out with a new Apple TV that does 1080p. But that would still be around $300 at least.

vudu is anywhere from 99cent movie of the day (SD, HD, HDX) to $5.99 on average for HDX, but some are more cause they are doing concurrent theatrical release rentals (granted not huge blockbusters that I have seen).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts