get HD channels in better

say I put the guide on all sub and channel shows up twice in sd and hd I can select them both and the PQ is the same. I have a 42" Toshiba and the PQ i'm looking for is i'm thinking that the hd channels should come in a better than the sd.

Most SD channels I look at are 4:3 but the HD channel is 16:9 so I'm not sure how they look the same to you.

Which channels specifically?

How far away from your 42" are sitting?

Does your TV have an info screen where it can display the resolution it is receiving? Make sure it says 1080i.

Try tuning to channels from 9419-9499. Those should all be HD.

Does your TV have an info screen where it can display the resolution it is receiving? Make sure it says 1080i.

Try tuning to channels from 9419-9499. Those should all be HD.

Or select from the "All HD" list.

the info shows 16:9 but to give an example i have basic cable with my internet so my internet will be cheaper and I just tryed my cable hooked up to my tv and the cable comes in better than the satellite

the info shows 16:9 but to give an example i have basic cable with my internet so my internet will be cheaper and I just tryed my cable hooked up to my tv and the cable comes in better than the satellite
On SD or HD (do you have any HD cable). Also, how do you have that (cable)hooked up?

don't know if it's SD or HD but I just hooked it up with a coax so I guess it's probably SD

Ah, 20 feet from a 42" hdtv. You probably won't notice much of a difference if the SD is 16:9. You need to sit about 5 or 6 feet away to notice anything and with the signal scaled to 1080i and your tv deinterlacing it to 720p or 1080p, there is little way for you to see any difference at 20 feet.

Now, sit 11 feet from a 96" screen and most SD becomes less than desirable to look at.

I asked this earlier, but do not know if you saw it. Have you swapped the HDMI inputs on your tv, and have you tried component cables?

I did try switching the HDMI ports earlier with no difference and i don't have any component cable but am thinking of going and buying some and checking that thou

I did try switching the HDMI ports earlier with no difference and i don't have any component cable but am thinking of going and buying some and checking that thou

You could use the the Y-R-W RCA cable that came in the box to experiment. But connect them to the RGB component jacks. Keep them straight.

Yeah, I would try that, perhaps even pick up a new (cheap) HDMI cable and see if that was the problem