Get HD on TV 2 on Dish 722 recvr

wldsyd

Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
Naples Florida
Hi, Newbie here.... we didn't understand that we would get only sd on TV 2 with the 722 receiver. We got a 2nd 722 and a 211 as well. They said you get 2 dvrs, 2 hds etc. We misunderstood that each 722 was a dual hd receiver. Anyway, we are where we are but now would like to determine the best solution to be able to see hd on our nice new hdtv in the living room. Can we split the hd signal (TV1 and TV2 are back to back in the two rooms)? If not, can we wire the dual part of the 722 to the tv in the kitchen that now has the 211 and use the 211 in the livingroom and hook up an external hard drive to make it a dvr? (I saw this in an older post by dishstaller I think). If so, how? What external HD should we get? Will it have the features of fast skip forward and back, etc? Know anyone in Naples Fl that can help? THANKS

You say you have two 722s and a 211. A little more info on what receivers are serving what TVs (and total number of TVs...HD vs SD) presently would help. I do have answers, but would rather get a better lay of the land first. BTW, my folks live in Naples in the winter...off Vanderbilt Beach Rd.

Sorry, I don't remember the letter b/f the 722 at present--I am in Michigan now and not in Naples... BUT one of the 722 dvr's is hooked up with TV in the master bedroom and TV 2 in the Living room. These two TVs are back to back on the walls of these two rooms. The single hd receiver (211) is in the kitchen hooked up to just a regular SDTV (waste). The other 722 is hooked up in one of the guest bedrooms (which doubles as a den) with the TV 2 feed going to the 2nd guest bedroom. Our issue is with the TV in the living room--we have a brand new hd tv there and would like hd there. Since the tvs are back to back, we wondered if we could split the hd signal somehow...or wire the master bedroom 722 to the kitchen and put the 221 in the living room with an external hd. I am just saying that b/c I saw that suggested on a post...not clear myself how it would work. We are in Park Shore...not far from Vanderbilt Beach. Beautiful.

Even if the TV in the bedroom is HD I would suggest moving the 722 into the living room, and running the bed room TV off the TV2. I mean how much TV do you watch in bed, and more than likely with the size of a bed room TV you would be far enough away from it that you probably won't notice much of a difference on picture quality. You could move the 211 to the living room, and add a hard drive, but I don't think you'll be happy with the way it operates.

Wldsyd-
Simplest solution for the 722 re. HD for the living room & bedroom:

All the TV1 outs are "hot" @ the same time. Run the TV by the receiver via component (red/green/blue) and red/white audio and the other HD TV via HDMI. You'll have HD on both TVs from the TV1 tuner--same channel /same time, of course. OR--get a powered HDMI splitter from monoprice.com and run both via HDMI. Leave the 2nd HD TV hooked up via coax as well just in case you have to view differnt channels on occassion. In that case you'll be forced to view SD on the 2nd TV as you do now. Get your HDMI cable from monoprice. com as well. Just drill through that wall!:up
BTW, I'm in Michigan & happen to have a 2 port powered HDMI splitter I can sell. I'm North of Flint, South of Saginaw. I recently got a HD projector which required me to get a new 4 port splitter. I'd sell the old one (works fine) for $40. If interested send me a pm.
Good luck!

Ed

Ihave a question about the picture freezing...just got my second replacement 722 after the 622 kept freezing up. Now the 722 is freezing up everyday,sometimes twice. is this a problem with all receivers? it's very frustrating...any idea's what's what..thanks

If you don't mind running some cable from bedroom to kitchen, I would put the 211 in the LR so all TVs in the house will have independent viewing. OR, move 722 to LR and 211 in bedroom. Whichever TV would be your "main viewing" should have the 722.

Ihave a question about the picture freezing...just got my second replacement 722 after the 622 kept freezing up. Now the 722 is freezing up everyday,sometimes twice. is this a problem with all receivers? it's very frustrating...any idea's what's what..thanks

Probably wasn't the receiver. Usually the picture freezing or pixelating is an indication that there is something wrong between the LNB and the receiver, assuming that signal strength is good.

It could be the cable, the connectors, ground block, barrels, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts