Get out your wallet. ST in HD now $318.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow - that new pricing is downright OUTRAGEOUS. Talk about sticking it big time to HD-a-holics.

I was seriously considering ST this year, mostly for HD. At $318, this is just silly.

There is a zero percent chance that I'm going to pay $90 for HD games on sunday ticket. Which also means I'm not getting Sunday Ticket because all I watch are the HD games.

man this sucks.. wonder if you will need the hd pack too.. doesnt say anything about it on the site-- only triple lnb, hdtv and hdird.. I thought the hd ticket would be mpeg 4 this year.. oh well.. at least there is some good news.. looks like they will lift the blackout on the 4pm games when the 1pm runs long - maybe the poll should be changed to yes, no, not sure yet.. cause I am still on the fence.. I usually split st with some friends - meaning they can head over to the hometheater room on sundays and watch all day.. not sure if they will want to pony up the extra $$
================================

Q: What if a local station switches coverage due to a one sided or extra-long game?
A: If a local station switches coverage due to a one sided or extra-long game, DIRECTV will remove the restrictions when permitted by the NFL so that the game will be available in the 700-719 channel range.

If a local station stays with coverage of an extra-long game instead of switching to the start of the next game, DIRECTV will remove the restrictions on the start of the next game, when permitted by the NFL, so that the game will be available in the 700-719 channel range until the local station resumes coverage as scheduled.

I just don't understand this. There was a large percentage of games available last season on sunday ticket in HD with no premium.

So how does this work, the networks showing the games will be showing all of the games in HD this year which is an improvement from last season if I am not mistaken. D* will still be able to broadcast the games on their ST service (all they need to do is keep a few more channels free compared to last season). I just don't see where they feel there is a need to charge more. It would seem to me the best approach would have been to keep prices the same, brag about having every NFL game in HD and use that to draw more subscribers to the ST package.

I kinda thought our recent monthly subscription price increase would prevent stuff like this from happening. I guess we have to pay for those new satellites somehow. I think I am gonna have to probably cancel my NFL ST subscription. I still get the local channels in HD and ESPN HD so I should have plenty to watch, just won't be able to watch the exact game I want to watch.

Seems to me that there's about 6 games in HD every week, between FOX, CBS, ESPN and MNF. How much more do you need?

mdonnelly said:
Seems to me that there's about 6 games in HD every week, between FOX, CBS, ESPN and MNF. How much more do you need?

being a diehard Dolphin fan living in MA, I will pay the money to watch the phins get their ass kicked every week :)

like asousa said.. if you want to watch your favorite team.. then you will have to pony up - even then its no gauruantee of your team being in hd..

Just got off the phone with D* and they confirmed that in order to get the games in HD you will need to pay the extra $99.

question....when I login to my account online to add the ST to my programming it states that my receivers must be hooked up to a landline phone. Is this the case? None of my recievers are hooked up. Why does it need to be hooked up for me to add it?

Thanks

I am a current E* and cable customer. I thought about buying into a HD DVR unit and D* strictly for NFL ST. Now that 318 is now the base price for ST with HD, what is the minimum I'd have to pay to even qualify to get the package? Total Choice seems too costly now. Could I get away with just a CNN?

techdood said:
I am a current E* and cable customer. I thought about buying into a HD DVR unit and D* strictly for NFL ST. Now that 318 is now the base price for ST with HD, what is the minimum I'd have to pay to even qualify to get the package? Total Choice seems too costly now. Could I get away with just a CNN?

You will need at the minimum Total Choice w/o Locals....

In my 4 years of sunday ticket (back in the day when it was $149) I have never hooked up a phone line to any of my 6 recievers.. and none have ever had a problem.

jim

asousa said:
question....when I login to my account online to add the ST to my programming it states that my receivers must be hooked up to a landline phone. Is this the case? None of my recievers are hooked up. Why does it need to be hooked up for me to add it?

Thanks

Well after seeing this news I called to cancel NFL-ST for 2005 and was told that I don't have it now. That's strange since I had it for 2004 and it was supposed to automatically renew. Guess I'll have to watch the bills to make sure that it's cancelled.

I suggest all NFL Sunday Ticket customers that want HD cancel the entire NFL Sunday Ticket package this year to set a point. I think you would be best to go without for one year because if enough of you pay this year you will endup paying more next year. I would also tell D* on the phone that you would cancel all services because ST was the only reason you are with them and without that I have no reason to stay with you.

Now is the time we all should stand up and say enough is enough and I've also been told that both Fox and CBS won't be doing anything more in HD this year versus last so your nuts to pay for ST when they won't even give you all of them. So the fact is D* will be using the same bandwidth maybe less if they broadcast in MPEG4 compared to last year so we shouldn't have to pay 100 bucks extra. Now I have the money to spend but I won't be buying this year until prices go down because the fact is its getting cheaper to see the games in a sports bar along with buying tons of beer and wings and tipping and that shouldn't be so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.