gettin' old

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djk2450

Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
if i were to buy a used dish network receiver ( a 4700 ) on ebay, one that the seller says has no balance on the card, will it replace the 4000 receiver i have now that is old and having problems? i know it will have to have the original 4700 card. will i have to notify dish to make the swap? thanks for the reply. dan

the best thing to do when buying a previously owned receiver is ask the selelr for the R & S #'s. These are on the system info screen. Then you can call Dish to verify there is no balance. Any normal good standing seller will give these ot you.

Once you get the unit, just call Dish (aftre hooking it up) and let them know you are swapping receivers. Takes about 10 minutes and you have your programming on the new receiver :)

thank you for the information. i will do that just to make sure. good luck on the hockey season. Peace and God bless. dan

Bobby said:
and by the way, that 4700 should be software upgraded to a 4900.
If the system info screen does not show that it is a 4900 upgraded it is a boat anchor. You cannot upgrade that product any longer and the software in the receiver won't work today. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)