Getting 3rd cable from Dish1000 into the house

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

txam92

Original poster
May 27, 2004
Addison,Tx
Could use some ideas here. See the diagram attached (hopefully I did that right)

cable_to_house.jpg

My homebuilder only ran two coax cables in through the brick to the house central hub. I want to connect the 3rd cable from my dish1000 into the house to my tailgaiter vip211k when not using it for tailgating (the VIP211 is purchased). The other two cables from the Dish1000 are already used to handle my existing Hopper and Joey in the house. The problem is, it's virtually impossible to run the third cable along the same path into the home central hub because I would have to go through the brick and several walls, some of which don't have easy access. Alternative paths to the hub through a window aren't much better.

What are my options? Can I use a Holland DPD2 diplexer on the outside to combine two of the cables into one and then separate them out again inside the house before the Solo Node?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Acquiring a tap and inserting it into the spot where the node is, then relocating the node outside where your dmark box is will free up one cable from the dmark into the house.

Joeys don't get along with diplexors. Dishman1978's suggestion sounds like a winner.

Thanks for the response guys. Just to be clear, I was thinking about putting the diplexor between the dish and the Solo node not between the Solo and the Joey. I thought that wouldn't cause problems with the MoCA communication but it sounds like that's still a problem.

If I follow 1978 correctly...
1) I would connect two feeds from the Dish to the Solo Node outside.
2) Connect the "To Host" connection of the Solo Node to one of the feeds running into the house (leaving the "To Client" unconnected or terminated somehow)
3) On that same feed inside the house, connect it to a Dish Network Joey/Hopper Tap
4) Connect the "Host" side of the tap to the Hopper and the "Client" side to the Joey

Correct?

Any place you could recommend for buying a TAP so that I get the proper one?

Thanks again for the help!

Attachments

• cable_to_house.jpg
    cable_to_house.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 178
Correct. Dish Depot or SolidSignal would be two great places to get a Tap. As for the unused CLIENT port on the Solo Node, be sure to terminate it with a 75-ohm terminator.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)