Getting 622 installed Today in Atlanta, anything I should be aware of?

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Hi All
I am getting my 622 installed today here in atlanta by my local retailer, Is there anything I should ask the installer? What would be the best way to test and make sure all the HD LIL are avl and voom channels. I would like to make sure everything works before the installer leaves.

Also my rep told me that since the 622 is a dual reciever, I can have it hooked up to my main tv down stairs and to my other tv upstairs and do not need to have another cabel outlet installed. What about the remote? Will it reach down stairs to change the channel from upstairs?

I am trading in a 811 + 511 for the 622 and keeping an extra 511 for my office, I am also getting the HD Platnuim package to waive the dvr fees.

Does anyknow how much more would it be to get the Latino package?

Thanks for everyones help.

The TV2 remote is UHF vs. IR so it can work not line-of-sight from some distance to the 622 unaided. If you have some issues with it (possibly due to distance or construction) you can use some tricks to extend its reliable range. I'm not sure what the comment about not needing a "second cable outlet" is all about; you'll need some means to connect the second non-HD TV to the TV2 outlet, probably best done by coax, so you will need an additional cable and "outlet". There are wireless means to do this as well but I'm betting your installer will want to run the coax unless it's already there. Anything more sophisticated would be at your expense.

For the voom channels, just check the listings on the EPG and confirm you get all15 including:

RAVE 9470
Equator 9471
Gallery 9472
World Sport 9473
Animania 9474
World Cinema 9475
RUSH 9476
Treasure 9477
UltraHD 9478
Kungfu 9479
Film Fest 9480
Monsters 9481
HDNews 9482
Gameplay 9485
Family HD 9486

Regarding your HD LiLs in Atlanta, the resource I'm looking at shows 4 from the 129 satellite:

WSB-DT (ABC) 6365
WGCL-DT (CBS) 6366
WXIA-DT (NBC) 6367
WAGA-DT (Fox) 6368

Confirm them as well. Interestingly, I show all 4 of your SD LiLs for Atlanta, channels 8307 to 8310, on the 61.5 sat. and not on the 129 (?). The voom channels appear on both sats. Perhaps your SD LiLs will migrate to 129. Maybe someone else in your DMA can comment on this (??)

As far as the installation itself - I understand most new installs in your area will try to do it all with one Dish1000 system, oriented to the 110, 119, and 129 satellites. There are reports of low signal strength on the 129 satellite, so make sure the installer does his best to get that one peaked, which of course will mean some sacrifice on 110. But since your HD content is all on 129, that's the one you want to work most reliably. If you can forego your HD LiLs (get them OTA instead?) you might want to install one dish for 110 and 119 and a separate dish for 61.5. That would probably give you a more reliable overall signal. Just my 2-cents worth.

Good luck and enjoy your new 622 !!

Hi, iam getting the 622 install today also, good luck ,
make shure you stay home until they leave and all the chanels you want work,
also try recording and playback on the 622 check if you control the tv2 with the remote, ask him to set up the remote to your tv set :cool:
the latino package is in the website www.disnetwork.com ,they just added espn deportes:cool:
enjoy

bhelms you are seeing the Atlanta Locals on 61.5? If this is true this is great news, but all reports showed them at 129 before.

The HD locals are on 129.

There are still four SD locals on 61.5 for a few more months. They are lesser watched channels:
The Atlanta feed of TBS
Atlanta Univision
PBS channel 30
ATc 57

The rest of the SD locals are on 110.

elloco07 said:
Does anyknow how much more would it be to get the Latino package?

You can get the Dish Latino Platinum package for about the same price. You lose Fox News, Espn Classic, EspnU, and some other channels. You can also add the Latinos to the normal platinum package for $12-13.

Thanks for everyone's reply. I will make sure all signals are strong enough, especially HD 129. I can't wait to see all those HD channels. I will also make sure the remote works fine upstairs.

As far as Dish latino, i really just want to add espn deportes, music video channels and playboy in espanol but paying an extra $12 for most latino channels aint to bad. thanks everyone

Assuming you could get a signal strength of 80 with the D1000, what does that really translate to regarding signal fade during weather incidents. Do you lose signal during a light rain storm?

mpeltz said:
Assuming you could get a signal strength of 80 with the D1000, what does that really translate to regarding signal fade during weather incidents. Do you lose signal during a light rain storm?

With a signal strength of 80, that satellite will probably be one of the first to go out during a good rain storm. Light rain shouldn't affect it but any heavy rain between your dish and the satellite will affect it. My Dish elevation is only 27 degrees and it almost looks like it's pointed at my neighbors house. I can almost grantee that I will have problems during a storm.

The last few weeks have been rain free during the time I'm watching TV, so I haven't been able to see any problems that I would assume is from rain fade. However, I do see a lot of pixelating and sometimes the bottom half of the screen is a bunch of garbage while the top half is pixelating on my local HD channels from 129. This usually only lasts for a second or two. I don't know what the problem may be ... new receiver bugs, 129 fading out momentarily, etc.

The last I checked, I was getting around 75 on my 129 transponder for local HD (forgot which one it was though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)