Getting a 211 new install in South Florida, what do I need to know

eatman3

Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
I have a 211 new install set for 3/26, what info do i need to know and watch for so that I can get all the HD channels? Thanks in advance for all the info.

eatman3 said:
I have a 211 new install set for 3/26, what info do i need to know and watch for so that I can get all the HD channels? Thanks in advance for all the info.
You need to have a dish pointed at either 129° or 61.5°, and change your programming to one of the metal HD packages.

I'm on Florida's west coast, and never bothered with the Dish 1000 and 129. I have a separate dish pointed at 61.5 along with a Dish 500 for 110 and 119, and it works great. 129, in this area, is very marginal and subject to rain fade and other atmosperhic conditions. Also, if you look at the footprint map for 129, with the exception of Northern Florida, 129 is not recommended.

Good luck.

Sounds like you are ready to go. The OTA on the 211 is better than the 811's but mine drops out for a second for seemingly no reason.

hopefully they will be much better in a few months after some software releases. I remember getting an 811, one of the 1st, and it was so buggy for about 6 months it was a constant lockup and reboot, the 211 is no where near that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)