Getting a FREE 6ft satellite dish :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
A friend of my wife's moved into a new (resale) house. The house came with a 6ft dish mounted on a pole about 8ft above the ground. My wife's friend wants to get rid of this "eyesore".

Isn't it funny how a dish to her is an eyesore, and to me it would be a selling feature of the house already having a C-Band dish pre-installed.

From what I've seen in pictures of the dish, it is about a 6ft mesh dish. Appears to be in really good shape. I can't wait for spring to come so that I can take that dish down from her place and plant it in my back yard.. The 8ft of pole above ground will be plenty enough for me to plant it in my yard. I have a clear line-of-sight to the birds without having to elevate the dish that high. I will have to take another look at the pictures to see if there was an actuator on it or not.

This dish is "wife approved" too! I don't even have to plead my case as to why it would be good in our back yard, she's the one who thought that I'd like it and has already said OK to putting it in our small back yard.

Spring can't come soon enough for me!

My wife's friend was worried about having to pay somebody to take it away. *hahaha*

Congrats!!

My wife has already shot me down on getting anything bigger than a 30" dish for FTA. :( Oh well.

Not an option for me (at least not yet) since I live in a townhouse, but I wasn wandering what can you get with this big Cband dish that's not avialable via say normal smaller one from E* or D*? Is it just same channels, but better quality in the old school analog ? I just noticed that the bars/restaurants in the area that have the "big" dish have a great picture quality, much better that my "pure digital quality" little dish. Where are websites that have listings of channels/etc for these
C band dishes?

Not an option for me (at least not yet) since I live in a townhouse, but I wasn wandering what can you get with this big Cband dish that's not avialable via say normal smaller one from E* or D*? Is it just same channels, but better quality in the old school analog ? I just noticed that the bars/restaurants in the area that have the "big" dish have a great picture quality, much better that my "pure digital quality" little dish. Where are websites that have listings of channels/etc for these
C band dishes?

Most of the analog and digital feeds on 4dtv look very good, you can look at the programming provider website for programming details.
http://www.callnps.com/
http://www.programming-center.net/

This is why the master feeds look better:
http://satellitetheater.com/C-Band World.htm

I was wandering what can you get with this big Cband dish that's not avialable via say normal smaller one from E* or D*? Is it just same channels, but better quality in the old school analog ?

On top of the tons of news and sports wild feeds, there are some full-time free channels to watch. Plus this opens up the option for me to subscribe to some 4DTV digital programming using a Digicipher unit too. I'm located in Canada and getting C-Band subscription programming has a lot fewer hassles than the DirecTV and Dishnet pizza sized dishes.

Free Channels List On C-Band ->
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html

A la carte sounds interesting, however if you put a big dish in your yard, you might as well get as much stuff as possible to have something to show,
unless you get the dish free...
What about things like DVR for standard and HDTV feeds - are these avialable for the big dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts