Getting a10 footer soon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys after long last I think I might be getting a ten footer. I have looked around for months and never seen it but it's been under my nose the whole time.it is 5 mins from my house and it's a mesh dish and looks to be in good shape. What I wanted help with is the motor on the 10 footer is damaged. Could I use the one on my six footer or would I need something better. I got it from Wsi with the six foot dish special and I think it's the pma 24 or something like that. Would it be better to keep my six footer or take it down and use my pieces to hook up the 10. The only reason I want it is to get some of the hard to get signals like abc and such.I get my now with what I have. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

if there's no problem with space and you having two dishes i'd say do both. you can always use a piece of thread all and make one of them stationary or a test dish. i don't know the actuator but most will move a larger dish it just might not handle it with ease like a heavy duty actuator would. here's info on the actuator for one of the sites .
The POWERMAX PMA24 is a top of the line 24 inch actuator arm designed for large C band satellite dish antennas. Excellent to be used with dishes 8' in diameter and larger, but not more than 12-feet.

Thanks guys I think I'll leave the six pointed at 105 west for my sub stuff and put the actuator on the 10. What's the best cband only lnb I could put on it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

a dual ( this is a lnbf that supplies 2 feeds that support both polarities at once) / or ortho (this is a cband rotor that has 2 lnb's one for each polarity usually tied to a multiswitch so several receivers can see at once) would be the best way. this would give you the option of more than one receiver viewing at a time. most users like using the ortho / rotor type setup cause it enables the user to upgrade lnb's to a more stable one, which sometimes makes all the difference in locking some signals

Just for cband. I'm gonna get me a little ku dish for that I I heard they work better and six footer I have now is gonna be on 105. What kind of switch do I need to make them work together, cause right now when I want to watch the 410 I have unplug the openbox and screw the coax into the 410.I never figured out how to make them work together.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)