Getting Access Card Message

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I'm getting an "Access Card" message asking me to be sure the correct card is inserted correctly and to call tech support.....I'm getting this message on the 2 new channels 615 and 616.....and I'm only having this problem with one of my 2 boxes.
I reported this problem on the 4th and I haven't heard a word from Voom! I've emailed them also several times....

Am I the only one this is happening to or is this a known problem? I have the latest software.

:mad:

yep

It's been reset several times by me and voom....they resent access card info, etc. on there end......not fixed yet.

:mad:

You will need to call Voom and ask them to do the following:

1) Tell them to remove all your equipment.
2) Than have them reactivate all your equipment.

I had the same problem that you have and gone through soft and hard rebooting, removing and reinserting the access cards. The "FIX" for me is listed above.

Let us know if this fix works for you.

Where is the card

I keep hearing about a access card in the voom receiver. I am curious about Where it is?

You have to push on the front right bottom on the stb. A door will drop down and the card is located in the slot.

Just had VOOM do this for me and it didn't work. I'm now on hold waiting further instruction.

jimmykce1 said:
You will need to call Voom and ask them to do the following:

1) Tell them to remove all your equipment.
2) Than have them reactivate all your equipment.

I had the same problem that you have and gone through soft and hard rebooting, removing and reinserting the access cards. The "FIX" for me is listed above.

Let us know if this fix works for you.

Now it's all working

After several calls to CSRs who really tried hard, we struck out trying to get HGTV, FOOD, and Encore channels to not display the Access Card message - a technician visit was scheduled for next Tuesday. A day later, everything is working. Weird! But I'm happy.

warkovision said:
After several calls to CSRs who really tried hard, we struck out trying to get HGTV, FOOD, and Encore channels to not display the Access Card message - a technician visit was scheduled for next Tuesday. A day later, everything is working. Weird! But I'm happy.

:) I am glad my "fix" worked for you!!! I noticed sometimes it takes time for a reactivation to go completley through.

jimmykce1 said:
:) I am glad my "fix" worked for you!!! I noticed sometimes it takes time for a reactivation to go completley through.

Well, if that's what did it-I do indeed thank you! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)