Getting better reception w/my OTA antenna

webtent

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
I have the DB4 antenna at www.antennasdirect.com, but it breaks up quite a bit. I've tried re-aiming the antenna, but no luck, gets better in some directions, but never good reception. My VOOM wineguard worked better, but I know it was powered w/amplifier. Do I need perhaps an amplifier or booster? The installer connected in with the dishes using splitters, I'd say there is a total distance of 100 ft from antenna to receiver. About 25 ft to the splitter. Thanks for any suggestions.

Its always best to have your ota antenna on it own line direct to the receiver

I have a wingard sensar II that they put on a splitter when i had my install,
it was on it own line and they split it off and i lost signal so i just took the splitter out
and im all set great signal again,

My suggestion is to take out the splitter and hook it direct to receiver.
I have a 811 receiver that my wingard is hooked to and all is good
even in storms.

Try going to www.antennaweb.org and find out what is recommended for your location. All that antenna is, is a 4 bay bowtie UHF antenna, that Radio Shack would sell for less probably. If you can provide information about where you are located we might be able to provide more information. :)

I'll second boba's comments. After visiting that antenna web page and reading lots of sites, I have a Channel Master 3022/4308 that I modified for better reception following the instructions available by a Google search (I'm a newer member here so I'm not allowed to post URL's yet).

That antenna can be had for about 25 bucks and the modifications were fairly simple even for an anti-Bob Vila like myself!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)