Getting calls about new "deal" from Dish reseller.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdresch

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
WI
For the last week or so, the Dish reseller who I signed up through 6 years ago has been calling. I never recognize the number so I don't pick up. He has left a few messages about how I need to call him because there are deals "that would give me more and lower my bill". Has anyone else gotten these calls lately? What could these "deals" be?

I already have a Hopper with 2 Joeys and Americas Top 120+. I don't have any premiums so I can't see them saving me there. Maybe I'll call this weekend if I get some time.

I think you are taking the "Savings" part not how they mean it. Lets say you don't get HBO, and the going rate is $18. They offer it to you for $9. They have "saved" you $9 a month. And for someone who didn't know that it is often offered by DISH at 1/2 off, and did indeed wants HBO, that is a form of a savings.

My bet is they want to sign you up as a new customer even though you're an existing 1 now. They'll want to use someone else's name & possibly fudge your address. This is definitely against the rules but some will try it anyhow. I could be wrong on this hunch but there isn't any money otherwise for re-seller's unless they make a sale.

My bet is they want to sign you up as a new customer even though you're an existing 1 now. They'll want to use someone else's name & possibly fudge your address. This is definitely against the rules but some will try it anyhow. I could be wrong on this hunch but there isn't any money otherwise for re-seller's unless they make a sale.

This is very possible. As sales slow some retailers can get pretty desperate.

Ok. Sounds like I'm gonna keep ignoring him. I haven't followed in here in a while so I thought maybe some packages had changed or something. I definitly don't want to re-up my contract because in thinking hard about just cutting the cord and going with Netflix and ota only.

This is very possible. As sales slow some retailers can get pretty desperate.

I believe it. Once saw an acct for a male customer in Kentucky, the primary name on the account was "Brittany Spears" (yes, misspellings and all), and it was set up by a retailer, and the guy's name wasn't Brittany, nor was his last name Spears.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. When accounts are set up, it requires the SSN (to run the credit check and determine the type of account) and the name on the account is supposed to match the name associated with the SSN.

There appear to be some sketchy retailers out there...

And just a general reminder to folks, don't ever "save money" by paying some guy six months up front. There is no such Dish deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well I finally answered one of the calls in hopes of getting him off my back. Turns out he was a Direct TV reseller too and wanted me to "save money" by switching. I told him not to call anymore.

He better be careful doing that. That's in violation of his retailer contract with Dish. As a retailer you can not flip customers like that and he could lose his Dish business.

Well I finally answered one of the calls in hopes of getting him off my back. Turns out he was a Direct TV reseller too and wanted me to "save money" by switching. I told him not to call anymore.

Call DISH and report him. Retailers like this cost everbody money.

It's as bad as those door to door people that look at what dish antenna you have on your house and try to switch you to the opposite provider. All they're strictly sales and they sell both Dish and DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)