Getting Direct have Questions on HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
I am finally saying bye-bye to Charter cable. I have been with them for 4 years following 2 so-so years with Dish Network. Here is my question I do not have a HDTV as of yet. I am looking to buy one after the first of the year. Can I order a HD DVR and use it on a Standard Def TV? According to the manual the back panel have S-Video. I would pefer to get one now why it is free with my 2yr commitment and not $199 in in about 3-4 months. However when I called back last night to add NHL Centerice they said it wasnt possible. Just courouris if anyone knows has CSR agents are not always right. IT would be nice to have On Demand and direct2pc when it is launched.

Thanks for the help.

Yes you can use the HD receivers on SD tv's. They work just fine. S-Video Defaults it to 480i anyway, And even if you use component cables ,as long as you have the receiver set to 480i, That will also work fine.

Welcome to the site,
Look around, stay awhile !!!

Call again Big Dog,
Not all CSR's are created equal, some know what is going on, others don't, they pretty much have to go by the script they are given, once you get to the 2nd level of help, they can help more.

Like Hemi said, YES you can do what you want to do.

Jimbo

Thanks for the reply. I have called Direct back and it is now added to my order. You guys just saved me $199.99. Now if my TV would just die so the wife will allow the HDTV sooner. My only regret is not doing this in August so I could watch my Bulldogs on ESPN Gameplan.

Getting Direc have Questions on HD DVR

Thanks for the reply. I have called Direct back and it is now added to my order. You guys just saved me $199.99. Now if my TV would just die so the wife will allow the HDTV sooner. My only regret is not doing this in August so I could watch my Bulldogs on ESPN Gameplan.

A couple of spritzes of lemon juice in the air holes in the back of your old TV before going to bed will usually do the trick. By morning the "evidence" will have dried and your old TV will be "broken."

Not that I would ever do anything like that!!;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)