Getting Dish, Couple Satellite and Dish Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SLIDE

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
United States
Hello everyone!

I recently became a DNS tech (about 3 weeks ago, still in training) So still learning a few things, I do have a question tho.

I live in a basically a farm town! I am in a neighborhood surrounded by farm fields. I live in Illinois and have a wide open view of Western Arc Satellites.

My question is since it can get extremely windy out here and some pretty nasty storms out here is it better to go with a certain dish over another?

I do NOT care about International channels but I do want HD.

And I basically have all mounting options available, so what Dish and what Mount would I use to give me the most secure and best possible signal to avoid Rain fade and other issues of getting out of tune?

I know it would call for a 1000.2 w/ a direct to over hang but would that be the best?

Or would a 1000.4 being as it is a bigger dish get a better signal peak and be heavier so wouldnt be affected by weather as much? 1000+ and use Struts? Pole mount by the fence to block winds and trench the cable in (I know its not ideal but would it be stable enough since its concrete?)

Would putting up 2 seperate dishes one specifically for 129 be the best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

And for Coax Connectors, my house was prewired and we have RG6 rated up to 3g's but we have purple connectors instead of blue? Will that be ok? Should I just replace the connectors? I am going to be doing the Hopper Joey combo

Last edited:
Go with the 1K.4 if you have one.

The pole mount is actually the best option for stability if installed properly.

It is last on the list due to time and expense.

Don't worry about the connectors unless you are going to let a QAS inspect it

Isnt the 1000.4 an Eastern Arc dish?

That wont work unless he is in Quincy or Chicago which have the HD locals on EA. The rest of the markets are on WA for HD locals

Isnt the 1000.4 an Eastern Arc dish?

That wont work unless he is in Quincy or Chicago which have the HD locals on EA. The rest of the markets are on WA for HD locals
1000.4 Western Arc LNBs are still available on ebay, I don't know if DISH is still providing them if they are he has access to them.

K2 direct to overhang will do just fine. I do this mount 99 percent of time and have no issues with tc's. Make sure u lag the two center 3 in lags to a stud. Dont need a k4. Definately not on a pole. Yes it cost more because theres an extra truck roll. But it is the highest trouble call mount. In a few years the pole will rust and break at ground level more times than not. Your rg6 is probably quad shield and thats why the purple connectors. Even if its not, using them inside is not a big deal as it is still a 6 connector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts