Getting DISH NETWORK!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Beachbum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
PBCH, FL
Yay, finally. Reason: Cable sucks. Actually we won't have cable resored for a long, long time (if ever?). Hurricane Dennis messed us up here on Pensacola Beach FL, we got power about a week ago, but of course no cable, and Mediacom has made absolutely NO attempt in restoring the lines, I have no idea why, in fact I wonder if they are even going to resume providing us with service? Who knows. That and cable service down here is not reliable at all, we have had big trucks snap out aerial line twice, each time it took over 2 days for someone to come out (and it just cuts out all the time randomly).

Its time for a dish. You'd be amazed at how well these dishes hold up, I haven't seen a single messed up dish from a storm. In fact there is a Super Dish next door, survived hurricane Ivan (was submerged underwater from storm surge) AND hurricane Dennis (100+ MPH winds), and guess what? Its still kickn'!

Okay, enough of random talk.
Questions:
Any current "deals" I should be aware of?
Is it better to order online directly from dish rather than a reseller?
Any idea on how long it takes to get an installer out here?
In addition to the installer can I specify a time, or do I have to take a day off and wait?
SuperDish, do I get one? (32561)

Our home is pretty messed up right now (and has been for almost a year), lots of drywall work to be done, only 2 rooms livable. In all i'd like to have a 4 room system, should I go ahead and order a 4 room system (probably 2 322's?) and set one receiver aside until we get all fixed up? Or just order one and wait later?

Thank you :cool:

All the deals going on can be found in the online order set up.

You're getting the same thing directly through dish or a retailer, so I guess it's just your preferance

Length of your install depends on the products your getting availability

The have 2 install windows - mornings (8AM-12PM) and afternoon (12PM-4PM)

Yes, Pensacola is a superdish market

Get all the equipment you want at the time of signup, it's really your only choice to vhoose, after that you're pretty much stuck

If you order from a local retailer you'll have a local phone number or even a real person to stop by and discuss any questions or problems.
The same deals apply to ALL.

fred

Well well well, its ordered! Directly from dish. I tried ordering early today but dish's online system was down (now the registration for their website is down? Hopefully the service isn't as unreliable as their website!). I called earlier today to order (direct from dish) but uh...I left my credit card in another car and couldn't retrieve it until later today, and sure enough the website is back! I chose NOT to have a contract, I don't know why, just the voices in my head said no. Plus they said they would do a credit check and stuff and I just said forget it, we'll see how it goes. The price is better than cable no doubt. The install, its going to be awhile till' we get dish. The EARLIEST install was August 16th! I chose august 20th, a Saturday later in the day (so its not so friggn' hot out, hopefully). This actually wont be a hard install at all, I already have a pole mount for my failed FTA attempt (weather or not its straight or not is another story), hopefully its of some use, and the house itself is completely wired with my structured wiring system. All the installer has to do is aim the dish and give me my receivers and ground the system. America's top 120, superdish, & two 322's. :smug

EDIT: In the email I received it says to make sure the account holder is present when the installer comes... Does something need to be signed or what? Can a family member sign?

I don't think *you* need to be there, but someone deffinetly does. And yes there is paperwork to sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)