Getting east coast feeds on the west coast

eliotphillips

Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
My employer on the west coast currently has DirecTV. He would like to get east coast feeds so we can watch events live that are usually tape-delayed, events like the grammys. We want to see broadcasts when they happen instead of three hours later.

So, what do we need to do to get this service?

This is probably not what you had in mind, but on G16 C-band the network stations are FTA. Takes a big dish to see them.

Good Luck, Eric

What about Starchoice?

Get east and west HD locals plus some others along with some Canadian SD channels for $20 a month.

Check the Can. forums here for more info.
Satboyz;)

My employer on the west coast currently has DirecTV. He would like to get east coast feeds so we can watch events live that are usually tape-delayed, events like the grammys. We want to see broadcasts when they happen instead of three hours later.

So, what do we need to do to get this service?
He would have to qualify for East and West DNS. And most likly it won't happen! He can get a Dishnetwork receiver and Dish 500 ,and Call All American Direct,and most likely he would qualify for East and West all 4 major networks for $10.99 per month. And I'm not even sure you have to subscribe to Dishnetwork to get them. Maybe someone else could verify on that.

Or he could just "move" to the east coast. Do a search on "moving" and you will get lots of answers. Note, however, that there are not many places that you can move to anymore because most signals are on spot beam not CONUS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts