Getting error for couple of channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richard2001usa

Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
hi,

I have superdish installed by dishnetwork installer.
I have top 180. I get most of the channels but couple of channels especially
FOX, Weather and NASA gets always the error 'Acquiring satellite signal for sat 119 transponder 6'. Sofar I never able to get those channels. Also another channel getting the same error but sat 121 transponder 6. I noticed transponder is 6 in all the cases.

I have little knowledge of sat technology.
can you guys please tell me if there is something I can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like maybe you have installation / signal problem(s)

If can't troubleshoot and do it yourself.. - suggestion is to consult the professional

What is the signal on the other transponders try 11 and 12 on 119.

The signal should be close if not over 100 on both 119 and 110 on most of the transponders, and above 75 to 80 on the 121. Also I would check all connectors to make sure the center conductor is not sunk down in the end. And finally make sure you have RG6 run.

Does it do it on all your receivers or just one.

If it happens to just one receiver then it could be one of the following: receiver, wire from receiver to DP-34 switch, a connector in between, DP-34 switch itself.

If it happens to both receivers then it could be one of the following: DP-34 switch itself, low signal quality.

Because it is happening to more than one satellite slot then I do not think it is any of the lnbf's or the wires going to them due to the fact that I doubt that more than one lnbf would go bad at once like that. If it does it on both satellite receivers then I doubt that both receivers would go bad at the same time. It would have to be something in between that both receivers would have in common. If it only does it on one satellite receiver then that means that the lnbf's are working fine for the other satellite receiver(s) to function properly along with those wires and connectors going from the DP-34 switch to those lnbf's.

Thanks for replies.

I have only one receiver.
I checked strenght for other transponders for 119 and they are close to 100.
But the strength on transponder 6 is zero.

What is RG6.