Getting HD off My 921

zroll1

Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
Here's my dilemma:

I have several HD programs recorded on my 9 2 1. I want to update my box but I also want to keep those shows in HD quality. Is there anyway to get these programs off my 921 in HD quality? Could I use a DVHS deck or my computer? Please help. Thx

zroll1 said:
Here's my dilemma:

I have several HD programs recorded on my 9 2 1. I want to update my box but I also want to keep those shows in HD quality. Is there anyway to get these programs off my 921 in HD quality? Could I use a DVHS deck or my computer? Please help. Thx

Cant be done unless you want to spend big $$$ on the equipment.

Unless you know someone who works in a TV station or a HD Studio with the proper pro equipment that can do it for you.

You could ask MarK Cuban at HD net :D

The Problem lies in finding a device that can record HD and has HD Component inputs. Even the $6000 HD Cameras (Camcorders) only have component outputs not inputs.

The only real way to do it reasonably, is to contact the owner/copyright holder of the show and offer to pay for an HD copy on DVHS. Good luck!

Regardless, it ain't gonna happen without $$$ or a big convoluted hassle.

Although you cannot transfer the recordings off the 921 onto the 622, you can keep both the 921 and 622 hooked up to your TV if your TV has two HDTV inputs or you have a switch box. The 921 does not have to be hooked up to the satellite feeds in order to play back recorded programs.

So are the HDTV capture cards a possibility to get HD off my 921? Nobody else knows of anyway to get these programs off my receiver. It's a real shame if I have to just forget all those programs that are good only because they are in HD.

mike123abc said:
You would need to convert your component to SDI, then use an SDI MPEG encoder like http://www.optibase.com/Content.aspx?id=1681

Right.... and it's only $20,000.... Like I said, Big $$$

http://www.visiblelight.com/mall/productview.aspx?pid=760

zroll1,

As DVDDAD said, just keep the 921. that's the cheapest & easiest way to keep those recordings.

Like I said before, there is no way to get those recordings captured without spending big bucks. The HDTV capture cards that are $100 - $300 are strictly for recording HD via OTA and/or unencrypted QAM cable channels.

You can use one of these to capture the shows onto your computer from the S-video output on your 921 but all you'll get is 480i resolution.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)