Getting HD Receiver, already have HD dish...can I do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

akgarrett62

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Cookeville, TN
Can I use my current R-16 receiver to "find" the satellites in the sky?...so that when D* guy comes out he just has to hook up the HD receiver and we're good to go.

I have the satellite finder to align everything up...and I know my current receiver is compatible with the Slimline and the SL3 LNB so I can check the signal strength. I don't need the 5LNB due to where I live, so that should make alignment much easier...plus a couple of beers will help also.

Clear skies this evening, so should be helpful.

Tks.

You won't be able to see the four satellites at 99 and 103 with the R16 and that's where all the HD is at. So the answer is you might get close but really needs to have a HD receiver to make sure you're getting readings in the 90's on those sats.

Well the 99 and 103 are only 2 degrees left and right of the 101 with a 1 and 2 degree elevation difference so if your not shooting through a small hole in a tree line you should be ok getting those sats.

Agree with rad on this. The standard way of aligning the slimline dish involves "dithering" the dish on 101 to find the center of the beam. If you get EXACTLY on the center of the beam then your 99c and 103c (99a and 103b for a receiver) should be good. But when you connect your HD box you need to check 99c/103c and if they are not all in the 80s/90s then you will need to make small adjustments to the alignment to peak 99c/103c.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts