Getting installed tomorrow. Couple questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjthadj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm looking forward to getting D* installed tomorrow for baseball! However, since I already get my local HDs OTA, I'd love to "move" my D* account to LA for the distants. Should I feel out the installer to see if he's cool enough to activate with an LA addy? Or if I should activate with my local address, how long should I wait before I "move?"

Also, I'm using an HD/TiVo box of my buddy's that is about 2 years old in addition to the HD receiver included in my install and an additional standard receiver. He has since moved to an apartment and is stuck with cable. Do I need to have him do anything in order for me to activate the box on my account? His account has been closed for about a year already.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I do not think the installer has any say in what distants you are eligible for.

As for the 'moving', if the locals you want are on a spotbeam, you must physically have the system within the spotbeam, if the ones you want are CONUS (non-spotbeam), you can try to get a waiver (if that even works anymore, might be RVs only), or 'move', but if you do that, then service calls will get pretty uncomfortable, as the address won't match.

There are hundreds of posts about this also, if you're interested, just type 'moving D* locals' into the Search, and you'll find alot of info, good luck, and welcome to SatGuys.

:)

As Damaged said, the Installer has no say in the locals , I doubt highly if an installer would be able to move you anyways, seeing when they do the install, they know where you live and what locals you should get.

I would get set up for your locals where they actually are and somewhere in the future if you want to move you can try then, thats entirely up to you.

Also as mentioned, if you need a service call, it could get interesting when they pull up your account.

Jimbo

You will also need to pay around $20.00 for a new access card for the other box. If there are PPV charges on the box you pay them before DTV will activate it.

Someone will have to pay the installer for the extra two lines to the tivo and provide a multiswitch. DTV won't unless you do some dealin'.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts