Getting Installed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kadex

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
White Pigeon, MI
I am getting an install upgrade with the HR10-250 at this moment. I can say I am currently happy with the installer at this point. He's a sub from Michigan MicroTech INC. The only problem is his work order only shows a swap of receivers. I currently have a single LNB dish, which of course won't work with the HR10. He spent a good half hour on the phone and working at the same time trying to get the dish change added when he eventually go hung up on.
He said heck with it and said he will take care of the work order later. I do hope he gets it solved or else his pay won't be right. He has to put the new dish in a different location on a pole mount. Of course I will pay extra for the extra work. I will post back when everything is done. I just wanted to post a thumbs up :up for the installers instead of the usual "my installer sucks".

Finally installed, I do feel for the installer. The start of the install didn't go smooth with the order problems. The install itself went pretty good. Up until we got to the point of activating the receiver. Appears Directs system is currently running extremely slow. After a good 30 - 45 min, the installer requested to be transferred to a different area hoping he would have better luck.

The transfer alone took about two minutes to go through. Then of course he had to hold, an it took at least another 30 min before reaching somebody. Finally, it got activated. I did tell him I could do it but he insisted on staying to make sure everything worked OK.

Next was the phone, I use VOIP so I wasn't betting it would work and of course it didn't. So I went next door and asked the neighbour if I could tap in outside the house for a couple of minutes. They approved so we ran a quick line out a window to their box. After a couple of failures and line busy we discovered they had been disconnected. I went over and let them know, of course I heard them arguing when I was by their box later.

I'm up and running now but still have to get the phone line thing done. I had a great installer and he went the extra mile to get me installed. Now I just have to figure the In's and outs of the HR10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts