Getting my OTA up and running

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DragonLips

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Hello all. I've been vooming for a few months now, and when my install was done, they did not do the OTA half of the installation- partly because the stealth antenna would do me no good where I live. Now a few months have gone by- and my OTA channels are mapped correctly(even though I cannot see them). I want to know if all I need to is connect my new :eek: OTA antenna, adjust and enjoy, or do I have reset the entire box and run through the install configurations like they did on the first day my service was installed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sean. "OTA MODULE"? Are you refering to the antenna itself? I should just have to plug the antenna into the voom box, right?

If the isntaller did not connect the antenna to the box, then you should call Voom and make him come back out to do it. The installer is supposed to connect the antenna to the box with a diplexer. If the stealth does not pull in locals you can go to antennaweb.org to see what type of antenna would, and ask you installer if he could install one.

Dragonlips,

You should of had the installer put the standard antenna up, like previously mentioned. than it would be easier to get an upgraded antenna afterward. I had the stealth antenna installed at my house knowing that I would have troubles, so after the install I called back and received an upgraded antenna.

DragonLips said:
Sean. "OTA MODULE"? Are you refering to the antenna itself? I should just have to plug the antenna into the voom box, right?

This is where the antenna coax should be installed.

DSR-550back.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)