Getting my roof replaced. What about my dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What the Dish is not good enough to go on your new roof?

Seriously, I hear this every day from people who get new roofs and I don't get it. Its ok to install a Dish on an older roof, but not a new roof?

So you get a new roof and then got to wait a few years till its old again to be able to mount a Dish on it?
Living where I do, I would NEVER put the dish on the roof......
Pole mount is the way to go. I live in a snow/ ice area and in the winter I would not suggest getting on the snow covered roof to clear the snow/ice.

Well, being a roofer myself, I have a dish and an OTA tripod mounted on my new roof.

I'm not a shingle monkey, I'm a flat roof guy, I had one of our crews handle the job. I wasn't home when they did the roof.. They removed the mounts and replaced them.

They marked each foot location and replaced them in the same locations.

They pre-drilled through the shingles (careful not to drill through the deck) put a small spot of roofing cement UNDER the shingle and over the holes, and used pitch pads under each foot, then drove the lag bolts home.

If you use a quality roofer and not a jackleg you shouldn't have a problem.

BTW, the dish didn't need re-aligning, my signals were actually a bit higher when they were done.

I've said this many times when discussing roof mounts, Roof Cement is the answer, NOT Silicone.

Roof cement is available in standard caulk gun tubes, 1 gallon cans, 5 gallon buckets, and should be the only sealant (in addition to pitch pads) used to seal anything on a roof.

I had my roof replaced (insurance job YEA!!!) about three weeks ago. My slimline was carefully removed by the roofers (no habla englais) and returned to its spot with care. Now the odd part... my 99 and 103 signals are 5% BETTER than before it was removed. I have all the hardware in my garage to remount the dish to the soffit but the signal is so good now (and I did NOTHING) that I think the mount will be going onto ebay.:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)