Getting Nervous!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

koolbrz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
WILLIAMSBURG, VA
I am a current dishnet subscriber, changing to D* on Wednesday.
I have noticed on numerous posts that ALL new installs require running the cable ONLY thru a wall when talking about D* installs.
M existing cable runs from my dish to clean, dry crawl space, then to two separate receivers in the house.
There is brand new R6 cables already in place from the dish to 2 receivers.
My questions are:
1) Can I expect the installer to use existing cable runs, which will save him work.
2) Will he just remove existing dish and use existing cabling, saving him time?
3) if not, what can I do and who should I call ??
4) I'm 66 and sure can't remove the existing equipment myself.
THANX

koolbrz said:
I am a current dishnet subscriber, changing to D* on Wednesday.
I have noticed on numerous posts that ALL new installs require running the cable ONLY thru a wall when talking about D* installs.
M existing cable runs from my dish to clean, dry crawl space, then to two separate receivers in the house.
There is brand new R6 cables already in place from the dish to 2 receivers.
My questions are:
1) Can I expect the installer to use existing cable runs, which will save him work.
2) Will he just remove existing dish and use existing cabling, saving him time?
3) if not, what can I do and who should I call ??
4) I'm 66 and sure can't remove the existing equipment myself.
THANX

1. Ask and he probably will
2. he won't remove anything that you don't tell him to

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Since your existing cable is already RG-6, then the installer will not have to run any additional cable and can use your existing cable.

All the installer will do is replace your dish with a Directv dish, and install the new receivers. Trust me, if he won't do any additional work unless it's required. :)

If you're replacing a non-DVR STB from E* with a DirecTivo from D* then you may need to have a second RG-6 cable pulled if you want both tuners to function. The installer should do this for you but may charge you extra if you want to have it run a different way then what the normal install covers.

If he is a HSP contractor, you should'nt have to pay any extra for wallfishes, attic, or crawl space work. If he's not and just a subcontractor he may try to charge you for additional work. He should also be able to show you in writing what the "Standard Install" consist of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)