Getting new service for my parents for Christmas questions.

jinseiitaidesu

Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I want to get a 625 receiver package for my parents for Christmas. I need to get it installed the week between Christmas and newyears. When I go to dishnetwork's site, it gives me a choice of the day of the week and time but no dates. Can anyone explain this to me? It looks like you can pick a sunday-monday but not the week. How do you specify the date?
I wish they would just ship the equipment and let you install it yourself. I am having to build a partial wall in their living room and run electrical, phone, coax for their new TV set. and then a line from there into their bedroom for the second tv. I might as well stick the dish on the radio tower and run the coax off of it into the new stub wall also.

But you purchased the equipment full price? Did you get an equipment credit? When I installed my system about 6 years ago, I bought the whole package at Walmart and installed it myself. Then when I activated service, dishnetwork gave me an equipment credit every month on my bill for a year. My system was a dish500 dual 301 setup then ended up being free.
I have a tivo I use with one of the 301 receivers and I love it. A friend has a 625 but the dvr is not as nice as my tivo. But he of course can record two stations at the same time where I can't, but I do not have the picture pause/jerks with the tivo that he has with the 625.

I am wanting to use a club dish referral and get the current special they are running but install it my self, if not, control the exact day the installer comes.

Last edited:
:welcome to the site! Best bet is just to call Dish or a local installer and sign up through them and you'll get a much more accurate date and time.

Mike

Edit: I sent you a PM with a club dish number if you need it

I bought my first system at Costco out of my own pocket and got the credits back each month for about a year. This worked out well as I lived at an apartment and installed it myself without all the hassle. However I do not think there is anyway to install the system yourself nowdays. Dish was trying to get away from that and make everyone sign 18 month contracts. Of course you can buy a dish and receiver and set it all up but will Dish activate an account for you? I was told no but I could be wrong. How long ago did you do this Smity?

Its a shame that it came to this. I had customers that knew twice as much as some of our techs did. It was the customers that would install a dish with 2 wood screws, staple poked RG-59, and connectors with 1 inch stingers that were the problem. When the system didnt work they would just complain how the system sucked so dish would be forced into making a trouble call and basically reinstall the whole system.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)