Getting OTA HD w/ Built in Tuner on Sony KDF-55XS955

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Photai

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I'm new at this, I just got a KDF-55XS955 and I'm trying to get my locals in digital quality and receive HD prog. I live only around 4 miles from the stations, zip code 33180 and I have a Terk TV5 set top antenna. When I connect it to the VHF/UHF port on the TV and do a channel search nothing comes up at all. If I connect it to the cable input and do a scan ill get 21 analog and 4 digital stations but when I go though the channels they all look very fuzzy and ghosted (just like it would look on a regular tv). I think either I'm doing something wrong setting the TV up to get the digital channels or the antenna is broken since I'm only 4 miles away in a 1 story house with no major obstructions between my house and the tower.
Can anyone suggest what the next step would be to get this going. Thank you.

HAve you tried entering a DT channel number? Usually the analog channel would be channel 5 while the digital would be 5.1...

next to the zero button on the remote is a "." button. As said before click 5.1 to access the digital channel of 5

from antennaweb.org it shows that some channels available are

42.1 PBS
29.1 FOX
17.1 PBS
4.1 CBS
39.1 WB
33.1 UPN
10.1 ABC
7.1 FOX
2.1 PBS
6.1 NBC

some of these stations are very close to you but still say you might need a medium sized antenna. Also this site isnt always 100% accurate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts