Status
Not open for further replies.

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
the track shows the it will pass directly over my house - I live 10 miles inland so I should be ok. Worst case it should only be a Cat 1 but it is moving slow and can bring up to a foot of rain in an already soaked area. I just did the normal stuff like pick up groceries and fill up my truck with gas ( cost $106.00 to fill up. OUCH! ).

Speaking of coincidences in Florida, today is the 13th anniversary of when hurricane Andrew hit. Katrina is taking a very similar path but I doubt it will get as strong.

I don't think it will become hurricane status.

But it is right in the area though.

Right now I'm in orlando and don't think I will be coming home for this, so hopefully there wont be any winds that could threaten my 2 dishes ;)

Current track looks like it will hit south of Palm Beach County.

Is that right? hard to tell from the tracking map...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/145105.shtml?5day?large

Comparing the Track to a normal florida map it looks like it will travel over alligator alley

BFG said:
Comparing the Track to a normal florida map it looks like it will travel over alligator alley
This site give coordinates of the track although it is doubtful the storm will follow the exact track. http://tsr.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/

at 45 hrs it says it will pass 26.1 80.1, I am at 26.2 80.2 which is about ten miles north of the alley

You are correct, 26.1 80.1 brings it in right at Port Everglades and down the alley

Well the track has moved north, so already my graphic is no longer valid

Attachments

• KATRINA.jpg
    KATRINA.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 174
Smack dab into Fort Myers! I think the rain is going to be the big issue with this one. But I'll be doing what John has already done, filling up the tanks and picking up some grub.

And hopefully rainfade won't be too bad! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)