Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Okay Im getting ready to move from Zip 40601 to 40342. Basicly the 2 are very close together. Okay now i have a few simple questions.

1. I want to do a Pole mount in my back yard. The house is roughly 20 feet high at the top of the roof. unfortunately 101 is basicly directly over the roof. No trees to get in the way. and the back yard is very small its only 25 feet from the house to the bordering farm's fence... huge front though. So If I pole mount the dish at the very back of the yard how high does it have to be? I know the sats come in higher than my hosue but is there some formula for how high it needs to be with the house being roughly 20 feet tall and the pole 25 feet from the house?

2. What is the OD of the pole I need and/or minimum ID.

Another simple question for OTA. I need the antenna higher than the house... what kind of pole should I use for this?

I'm not 100% percent sure but I believe the elaevation for the dish shopuld be around 35. As far as the pole mount. I use line posts ( frof Chain leinght fencing) bury the pole in about 2-1/2 to 3 feet of concrete after flatening one end, to prevent the pole from spinning and you should be good. You can get the poles in either 6 or 8 foot. As far as the OTA antennae. use a top rail for the fencing and cut too size.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)