Getting ready to take account off of hibernation

Briguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
All,

I have been out of the Dish Network world for six months. We sold our house and have been living with the in laws. Dish talked me into putting my account on vacation for $5 a month and they comp'd me 3 of the six months. They told me to take my receivers and remotes and leave the Dish behind. Well I move into my new house in a couple of weeks. I told myself that I would shop around before committing. I've done so and just cannot pull myself away from Dish's quality DVR service. So now I wonder just what do I do to get started back up. I assume I have options? I called customer service up a few weeks ago and they were talking greek to me. "you need to sign up for dishmover before reactivation and you need to sign up for our service agreement too!" Not sure what all this is about. I wanted to come to you all for some straight talk. Anything earth shattering happen while I've been gone? Is it a good idea to reactivate my service since I've been with Dish for 7+ years? Should I start a new account under my wife to get a better deal and new equipment? Should I go over to AT&T? Your help is greatly appreciated!

FIRST when you call DISH select option for TECH Support you seem to get a better class of CSRs.
As far as your other questions, what do you have for equipment now, would you get anything better as a new customer? Do you own or are you leasing? There is always something happening with DISH like AT&T announcing they will part with DISH at the end of December, just read the forums to catch up.

Dish runs ads all the time saying you get one Dish Mover for free. As for the contract? Do not do it. If you had Dish HD you will be disapointed with the content. Over the last six months Dish dropped VOOM and picture quality has gone down hill. They added a few channels that show very little HD. They are promising 100 national HD channels by year's end, but that list includes all the RSN HD channels. DirecTV's HD line up is much more robust and they are promising 150 national HD channels not including RSNs by years end. FIOS has pure MPEG2 HD and are currently upping the number of channels. In my area Verizon FIOS offers phone, internet and HD DVR TV service for $99 per month based on a yearly contract.

Sure Dish DVR is more user freindly, but is that worth more than quality programming at a lower price point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)