Getting Signals on Two Legacy Receivers

amoda1

Original poster
May 8, 2005
Hello
I have a question. I have ONE Dish Legacy receiver and one DISH 500 Twin (dual LNBF each), and One Dish 300 (Dual LNBF). Currently using switch SW-21 and SW-21X to get programming from all three satellites 119, 110, 61.5.

I like to attach another receiver (Legacy). Can someone please describe in detail a configuration that I can take to accommodate all three satellites on two receives. One possible solution is SW-64 but that is a little expensive path. Is there a way to get the above configuration by getting another SW-21 or SW-21X switch? Any suggestions would be appreciated
(Legacy Receiver's)
(Legacy LNBF’s not DishPRO)

Each lnb (the dish 500 twin and the dish 300 Dual) both has two outputs each. The first output of the dish 500 and the first output of the 300 is what is going into the SW21 and out to the first receiver. What JohnH is saying is do the same thing with the other outputs on the dish 500 and dish 300 lnbs to the SW21 and out to the second receiver. Just make sure that the Lnb that you have on the Dish 300 is a dual because dish did put out alot of lnbs with only one output.

Thanks for the input.
I understand one way is to have exactly the same confi I have for the present receiver. SW-21X - SW-21 to other receiver also

In one response it is mentioned that one output from dish 500 (lets say 119 or 110) and one output from dish 300 (61.5) goes to SW-21, but then I will miss one other output from dish 500 (119 or 110). The dish network has a web site that alsi illustrate this also. http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/installation/install-4.pdf

But again if one output from DISH 500 is combined with one output with DISH 300 then I would miss one output from dish 500. How to overcome this. Please note trying to get signals (119,110,61.5) on Two receivers. Any tip would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Do exactly what the illustration says to do. It is exactly the way that you will need to do it to make your setup work unless you want to buy a SW64 switch. If you have anymore questions then PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

I'm confused. Does the OP have a Legacy TWIN or a pair of Legacy DUALS?

Because he's talking about cascaded external switches, I suspect the latter, and he has to duplicate the SW-21X/SW-21 cascade.

If it's a Twin, it's easy - just a pair of SW-21s.

I also suspect the latter, for the same reason.

amoda1, the install-4 diagram is showing a Twin/SW21 cascade. Took some digging, but the SW21X/SW21 cascade is shown at http://www.microyal.com/dishnet-techsupport.html, scroll to the bottom. The 2 separate dishes at the top are the equivalent of your Dish 500. Use the 2nd output of each dual to duplicate what you have for your existing receiver. IOW, what JohnH said.

Also, click the link in my sig to see how 2 duals is not a Twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts