Getting Sirius while away from 722

I think you mean 25 mW.

Also, back on that hobbytron site, if you think you can handle it, that Ramsey 25B model is also available in kit form for less than $100.

If you like to play with eBay, check this out.. Ramsey FM Transmitters on eBay. Some real good prices going there.

The Crane unit gets a lot of mediocre reviews. I'm thinking the kit is the way to go unless I can score a completed one on eBay for a good price.

BUT technically we are at war, and you can operate a private radio station under the law.

However just resending another company's signal might be illegal. But the FCC can't do anything if you operate a radio station under time of war.

And to other post, sorry I didn't read the OP correctly, I'm sorry.

U.S. Code of Federal Regulations title 47 section 73.3542

Thanks to George Bush for declaring the "War Against Terrorism" and U.S. Code of Federal Regulations title 47 section 73.3542, it is now technically legal to operate a radio transmitter with out a formal license.

Pirate Cat Radio 87.9fm

More sources available if you don't believe me.

If you read the law you would see that FCC approval is still necessary, just you can send an informal application in rather than the official and formal application, and any approval from the FCC is only temporary.

If you read the law you would see that FCC approval is still necessary, just you can send an informal application in rather than the official and formal application, and any approval from the FCC is only temporary.

(1) An informal application may be used. The FCC may grant such construction permits,
station licenses, modifications or renewals thereof, without the filing of a formal application.

From what I understand from the many "Pirate" radio stations that exist, and yes there are quite a few, the application is not mandatory because they can't do anything about it, ans so they can't shut you down.

But this is not a debate, we are off subject, so this is my last post concerning this.

I found what appears to be a better, reasonably-priced solution. This transmitter appears to have good reviews and decent range.

Whole House FM Transmitter
I ordered and received this whole house transmitter yesterday and I'm happy with it so far. Sound quality is good, but not great (there is a low hum on very low volumes but it's not audible at regular listening volumes), and it has plenty of range for my needs. It gets a clear signal throughout my house, so I think the only problem would be if you're attempting to transmit a good distance away from your immediate house area, then you may start losing the signal. If you just need something to reach your front or back porch, then this is an cost-efficient and effective solution. The transmitter ships with several adapters that give you multiple configuration options. I set mine up to receive an audio signal from the Zone 2 output on my Yamaha RX-V663 receiver and now I can transmit audio from my satellite receiver or any other device that I have connected without effecting what I'm currently watching on TV. I would definitely recommend this to the original poster or anyone looking for a short-range transmitter.

Don't forget bluetooth.

The list of devices(both sending and receiving) is growing at a pretty healthy rate since so many cell phones can be used as ipod-like devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)