Getting started with FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwyrick

Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Hi,
Just recieved my Coolsat 8000HD reciever. I am trying to use my old 4DTV reciever with a ten foot mesh dish, horizon to horizon mount and C/Ku corotor. I have the unit hooked up and set to satellite L5, 97degrees. When I try to search for channels I keep getting a Nothing to update message an so far not able to recieve anything. I would appreciate any help or guidance. Jim:confused:

Hi jwyrick, welcome to the Forum. I don't know how you have it connected, but I have mine connected like this:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm
I don't have a Coolsat 8000, but I have a Coolsat 5000 and maybe they are simular in the menu's. Go into Menu, Installation, Dish Setting. Then set it up like this:
Satellite: IA5/G25 or whatever is in the menu, make sure it's the one for ku
LNB Power: ON
LNB Type: Single
LNB Freq.: 10750
22KHz: Off
Diseqc Switch: Off, or if you have a diseqc switch, set to 1.0 and set the Commited to whichever port the ku coax is connected to.
Also note that with BUD dishes, sometimes you may have to move the dish a click or few, one way or the other to get a signal on the ku side. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Al

The 8000 has a different menu structure

setup would be
dish 1 (2,3,4 whatever you want the satellite to be)
satellite IA5 (T5)
transponder (make sure its an active one)
LNB power-13/18v
LNB type 10750 for KU side, 5150 for C-Band
22k off
switch type Diseqc (if you use one)
diseqc 1,2,3,4 (whatever port its on)

Attachments

• CS8000 28.jpg
    CS8000 28.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 141
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)