Getting started

Brandon Currin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Lexington, Tennessee
I'm looking to get the following antenna from this site #1 Trusted Source of Indoor/Outdoor Digital Amplified HDTV Antennas wondering if anyone has purchased one and what it is worth or not, also looking for a digital converter box, are all the same or is one truly better then the other?

love to get advice

P.S. Confused on how to find what chaanels if any I would get
checked one site said I'd get a few another said I'd get none, I'm lost

These are junk Chinese antennas, might work for a while but low quality and poor design will need replacement.

Go with a good quality Antennas Direct, Winegard or Channel Master antenna, especially if it has to be mounted outside.

There is little or no hope that it will receive signals from 150 miles away, unless you are in a geographical situation where the transmitter is on a 10,000 ft mountain and you are on another 10,000 ft mountain 150 miles away.

Most of these POS antennas try to make up for poor design by adding a POS amplifier into the mix.

Using a generic location for Bath Springs your signal does not look too promising. Hopefully you are located higher that my test site.

It looks like you need to get your antenna up at least 65 ft and even there you only see ABC (WBBJ 7.1 (43)) and maybe 2 PBS stations.

If you are up on the hill along Bulldog lane things look better with the FOX station out of Jackson possible.

You are 100 miles from Memphis and 90 from Nashville in hilly country - VERY poor for OTA TV reception.

Have you considered satellite reception?

I used TVFool's maping facility on the right column of TV Fool with coordinates of 35.43936 by -88.08642. This is near where Martin Landing Rd intersects 114.

Last edited:
thanks to the both of you for answering my qustions and giving me advice and most of all making since of what TVfool showed cause i was so confused,lol. and I've thought of FTA atellite but was told to get ABC,FOx, and the like I'd need a BUD dish with C-Band not a standard Ku-Band dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)