Getting the 1000.2 to recognize 61.5 thru a 500

DallasBill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Sep 17, 2005
Plano, Texas, United States
Getting the 1000.2 to recognize 61.5 thru a 500 trouble

Since I had an extra Dish 500(DP) I decided to set it up to point at the 61.5 which was done successfully. I then ran a feed from the 500's 119 output to the "lnb in" on the 1000.2 antenna.

Now how do I get the 1000.2 to recognize that 61.5 is now wired in?:confused:

I wasn't 100% sure that it'd work with the 500 but I'd try it since I don't have any single lnb Dish Network dishes but I do have a couple Directv single lnb dishes,not sure if they'd work with 61.5 and the 1000.2

This 1000.2 is all new to me and trying to learn as fast as possible:up

Attachments

• DSCN7501.JPG
    DSCN7501.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
you have to use a DP dual or single lnb not a DP twin or DPP twin. The direct lnb's would work on a legacy system (old) just not on a DP - DPP system

I wish it would work that way though - then i could connect two 1000.2 dishes together and have the eastern and western arc so when Dish keeps changing their mind about whats going to be on what satellite i'm still covered regardless minus the 118 & 148 sats

Before I got to read your reply I hit up the online auction and found This single dual out lnb.

It has a square tube mount on it which is what the direct RCA dish has here so I could save a few bucks,what you think?

I was even considering finding a single lnb(that you recommend) for my Winegard 76cm and be done with it.

Wrong type of LNB. Mixing apples and oranges at this point. Since the D1000.2 is DPP, the LNB itself has to be DP....no Legacy...No Direct TV equivalents

Alrighty,I got the I adapter and DP Dual assembled with the D500. I'm dead on 61.5 but get the "wrong sat-echostar 119 west" message. I ran the test switch and the 61.5 is still not recognized. I tested with the 129 lnb covered and uncovered,same result with wrong sat?:confused: help?

Attachments

• 0502081055.jpg
    0502081055.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 0502081053.jpg
    0502081053.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 221
Note that transponder 18 is on 119. Run check switch... it should see the 61.5 dp lnb and list it...even if it can't find the sat. If it can't find the sat, try re-aiming the dish.

Last edited:
The Dual got listed but not getting any transponders by the x noted in the summary.

Kinda wondering if I should have one of the installers come by to take a gander at it or is this 61.5 so narrow that a mm off can lose lock that easy.

I'm gonna run out to lunch with my sons I'll mess with it more on my return.

I don't think you have found 61.5 yet.

The first thing I'd do is disconnect the coax from the receiver and run a check switch to clear the switch matrix in the receiver.

Then I'd run a long piece of coax from the DP LNB on your 61.5 to your reciever and run a check switch. If using a dual tuner receiver, run to input 1.

Go into the point dish screen and select 61.5, then aim your dish for max signal. The wording at the bottom of the screen should then indicate 'signal locked, 61.5.'

Disconnect the coax from the receiver and lnb, connect the 61.5 lnb to the input of your 1000.2.

Run a check switch and all should be good.

Miner

Contact with 61.5!!!

Update: 1st we swapped out the 1000.2 switch no change,2nd we swapped out the dual lnb for a new dual lnb no change.

He contacted another tech and stated the same elevation of 36-37 which is the specification,double checked the elevation all was good there.

Azimuth setting dead-on,then he thought for a minute or two maybe I'll try this,I'm sitting at the tv while he's out at the dish 500 messing with it then suddenly we have a low signal but in the 20's but had a lock on 61.5!:up

I shout to him hey! we have a lock on 61.5! He's like okay let me mess with the dish some more,next thing I see is the signal increasing quickly into the green leveling off at in the 70's :D:clap

What he did was he adjusted the elevation away from the spec'd 36 degrees to just above 40 degrees that really peaked the signal beautifully,my azi and elevation was right on the whole time but for some weird reason it takes over 40 degrees for our area here in 75082.

Me happy now,have Pentagon Channel which will provide me with more info on the going ons north of Baghdad where my brother is headed to with the 56th SBCT.

I was reading in a similar thread that one user had the 129 HD's revert to the 61.5 bird by covering the 129 lnb so I did just that,ran a switch test,saved the lineup less 129,downloaded the new guide then went and checked all the HD's I had on 129 which all displayed fine maybe even loaded abit quicker.

I'm optimistic that we'll have less dropouts during our weekly heavy rains by bringing in the HD's on 61.5 that has a better signal(at least in our instance) but I'll evaluate it and post up results good or bad.:up

Attachments

• 0504080911.jpg
    0504080911.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Read on another thread that some of the 1000.2 dish's elevation marks were stamped wrong and folks were finding that they had to set elevation 4 to 5 degrees higher. So maybe U got one of those?

Read on another thread that some of the 1000.2 dish's elevation marks were stamped wrong and folks were finding that they had to set elevation 4 to 5 degrees higher. So maybe U got one of those?
The Dish 500 for some reason was correct when it was on the SD 110/119 pair but when I went to use the extra non used 500 for the 61.5 bird that's when the elevation was incorrect,can the KU signals have a bounce effect from say nearby buildings,landscaping,roads,etc.?

No bouncing signal; those marks are for initial setup, not for final. Using meters, spectrum analyzers you could do that precisely. Or just find a position for max level by using your receiver as you did.

I found that the tech left the 2 piece cable he used for the signal meter in between the D500 and the 1000.2 LNB so I proceeded to make a continuous one piece cable which I installed.

Signal on NHLN went from 43 to 60,don't let anyone say that barrel connectors don't promote signal loss:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)